The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for march madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panno!!! Your babies are adorable. The baby looks a little unhappy though!!
    You look great!!!
    Thanks for the well wishes for my father.
    Hugs my friend!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

good morning one and all ..
      first trucker happy birthday buddy have a awesome day ..
      hill nicely done keep it going buddy ..
      mama you know what you need to do just take it one day at a time girl ..with every step you get closer to where you want to be ...
      love the pics panno you look so happy there ..keep it going ..
      vicky hope you are out on the pond catching din din ..
      well i have a 10;30 appt soo hoping to line something up for next week or hell start on friday ..but anyway have an awesome day one and all stay strong and shifting foward and thinking positive love ya later
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the very warm welcome. I've enjoyed looking through the thread and have seen a couple of familiar "faces" - some posted in my introductory thread and others just from all of my reading here. I love seeing all the pics - the smiles on those children are priceless, Panno. And look at all that gorgeous hair on the baby!!!! Also, since we still have a foot of snow on the ground here - I so enjoy looking at evidence that spring is just around the corner. Gorgeous bride and groom too - I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Part of my plan is to use my time wisely since I spent sooooo much of the last decade wasting it...:-( So that does include not plopping myself in front of this computer as a diversion to drinking.

In my opinion, things so far have been fairly easy. Other than the first several days which were pure hell)...I'm aware that I haven't had to face any "real" stress and I'm a bit afraid of facing that moment when I do. I'm not really someone who handles stress too well, and for most of my life, I've used alcohol to deal with it. I've used alcohol to deal with everything, I think. Celebrations, stress, death, anxiety, boredom, and eventually, it just became a habit to face the day. ugh. So I guess so far, I've dealt with the "face the day" part of it, and maybe the boredom part of it, but I expect that eventually, I'm going to have to face the other circumstances and I hope that I can be as strong. But it does worry me.
        Today is day 18 and I really haven't faced many social situations that might tempt me to drink. Most of the time I drank alone at home, hiding it - but I also needed to "get started" before any social event. I'm not drinking at home and as long as I don't buy any, I won't, right?

sigh. No doubt this is a process....thanks for listening to me ramble. Everyone have a fantastic day! The sun is out and a high temp here today in the 20's! brrrrrrrrr.
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

oh and Happy Birthday Trucker!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUCKER Hope you have a wonderful day today - enjoy your special day!

good morning to everyone else - you are right MB - I was still up. Might catch a nap though later before going in at 2.00. We have inventory tonight so I might make some cookies to take in for the ones that are there until 2 or 3 in the morning.

Rog - hoping that you have some work from that lady - fingers and everything else crossed! Lolab - I too don't have to worry about social situations - or if I do they are with my m-i-l and other family, where no-one particularly drinks, so that is no problem. You are doing so well though - hang in there - day 18 - just awesome. Yes, it is a process and it goes on..and on..and on! Panno - what lovely pictures - thank you for sharing them with us. The children (and you) are all just great! Hill - your post is wonderful - very wise words and thanks for sharing. What did your wife say when you said that? Was she hoping that you would/could drink socially again? Does she drink socially? I was just wondering...

Jan - how are you this morning? Ready to face another day in the salt-mines? Hope work is busy but good for you. RC - my friend - how are things going?? You are quiet - must be still busy with the papers but hopefully you will reap the rewards of it. And Fen - how goes life today? What are you up to? Swannie - hope you are getting some rest and recuperating? We are thinking of you..

I might take a nap before I make the cookies - LOL.

Talk later, hugs to all, Love, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

WOW!!! So good to see all the posts, and pics. I don't feel so bad about posting mine now! Keep 'em coming!!
              I love having new people joining in, all familys need to grow. Pan, your grands are gorgeous!! That baby looks just like you, just mad as H**L! :H Aren't they fun??
              Truck, is it your BD? What a great way to celebrate with your new sobriety, and control of your life. Wishing you a great one.
              Vick, gorgeous pics. Good luck with the fishing. I enjoy doing that too. I once worked with a guy from a very elite, old family, and when I mentioned going fishing he was shocked, said his wife, mother, sister, had never fished. Had to laugh.
              Tony, good to see you. Hope you're happy being busy. I miss you.
              Rog, things pop up for you when things get dry. Your good work will beget more offers, I'm sure
              Where's our Grateful? Am I going to have to go snatch her up??
              Can't name everyone yet, but I'm thinking of you. Need to actually DO something today. Oh, I watched the new Karate Kid with Jaden Smith last night, and he's a good little actor. Hope Hollywood doesn't infect and ruin him. Watching the meltdowns out there is busier than the actual good movies.
              Have a great day, all, and a great big welcome again to Sona and Lab. Jump in, the water's fine here, and nothing bites on this thread. All support, and craziness.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

lolad..just take it one step ,one day at a time ..this is all in your hands so like you said use your time wisely and this is for you and only you to make a diffrence..in youtr life ..
                thankx sunshine enjoy your day love ya girl..
                thankx ruby x-post me slow typer
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I'm trying here. Just SO lazy. And still sleepy, I slept a LOT yesterday. Oh well, whatever it takes.
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Loved seeing all the pictures. Panno - you are beautiful and so are your grandkids. Vicki - your family is beautiful and I just love your land.
                    Have a great day all!!!
                    PS -Hill, thanks for posting that. I have really been wondering about the ever drinking again thing. Been playing it over in my mind.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUCKER!!!!!
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

tlrgs;1068967 wrote: well no one's ready so far and well that one bid didnt go thur ...same old thing im way too high for a big job like replacing the whole sub-floor and shower and retile in a 5x8 bathroom and 4x4 walk in shower with tile that goes to the ceiling.. the lady wanted to pay pennes on the dollar so told her to give me a call when she wanted it done at the price i give her ... but life goes on i have a part time job of showfor here and there ... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
                        well later one and all
                        oh loved the pics vicky and oh needs prayers and good vibes send anthony's way he is finally going for his GED ON THE 11 NEXT FRIDAY
                        I guess that lady is unfamiliar with the adage "You get what you pay for! " Sorry that job didn't work out, Rog.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Trucker! :bday7::H

Comment

Happy Birthday Trucker!!!!!!! How are you?? LOL thanks for joining us here at our family congrads on day 18 that is fantastic keep it up. I wish I could say the same. Rubs I know what you mean some days i don't get out of bed untill 11:00 and then take a nap around 4:30 I know I am depressed so I am now seeing a shrink he seems fairly cool he has me on cambalta an anti dpressent and I see him again in three weeks. I need to get back on track so I am slowing down and when lent starts I am going to stop all together so I may need a little help no make that lots of help. Every one have a great day

Comment

Biz, is that 'cymbalta'? I've been taking it for sev years, and before, I couldn't get dressed every day. It has helped me trmendously. I don't cry over nothing anymore, or get angry. Keep taking it, and let it work for you, please. Sometimes, esp these days, we need all the help we can get. You're doing great, with what you've been through lately.Take your time, dear.
                              Nora, I watched 'My Man Godfrey' the other day, and thought of you. I wish you had someone like that come in and help you for a while.
                              Fen, you're so right. The work Roger does, he takes pride in. He doesn't do it to finish and get paid, he does it to do the job, and make it right. Uunfortunately, a lot of people are looking at the bottom line. Got a bill for the work at the cabin last week, $279. But they took their time, were very nice, and did the work. Plus, I was alone, Hubs hasn't looked at things there in forever, so I'm happy with the work.
                              Hope your all having a great day. Esp our Birthday Boy, Truck!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you all very much for wishing me a happy birthday biz hope you feel better soon i have 12 day's today im 46 ok all take care

Comment

Working...
                                X