The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for march madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning everyone! We had 3" of rain last night !!! 3" !! Wow. Not sure if we are supposed to get more or not today - haven't checked. Anyway, so good to see you all here yesterday - when I wasn't! My brain isn't sufficiently awake to go through and answer you all but I am pleased to see everyone is fine.

Ruby and Fen - a whirligig in UK is a washing line that goes round when it is in the ground! I have one in my garden for hanging my washing on - the mind boggles at the thought of having that by the window just to scare the sparrows off!!

Vicki - glad you have the pots and pans sorted.

Jan - are you working today or do you get to stay home and catch up at home? I am off in shortly - it will be nice coming home at a decent hour on a Saturday instead of 11.00 pm.

Swannie - lovely to chat with you and so pleased things are better than they were - you are doing well and just stay with us okay? Lots of support here for you. :l

My mind won't work! (be quiet Ruby). Hill - that will make a nice change for you on your own instead of with the children - have fun today!! RC - hugs to you and hope all is well. Grateful - I bet Addy is becoming a handful now - right? Bird - good morning to you too! Trucker - thanks for the PM, and Biz - hang in, you will be fine - one step at a time...Sona and Lolab - how are you both doing this morning?

I need to start getting ready for work - back later - hugs to all,

Love, Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning everyone! Getting excited to see my daughter tomorrow. Hope the roads are good for traveling. Unfamiliar back roads to navigate bit more tiring than clean highways.
      Good fishing HIll and I'm off to work like you Sun. No rest for the weary eh.
      Have a good one chillin or working--whatever needs doin. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi all
        Made it through another work week tg am off next week. Doing good off antabuse and drinking NA beer which tastes like crap but gives me that feeling of getting off work and having a beer. Busy busy with kid stuff and garden. Have a great day all...b

Comment

Hey, my favorite Bird!! You keep yourself so busy, and are so innovative in making things work. How's the new washer working out? I remember getting my first one - hated the laundromat and Hubs always went with me (I was preggers!)
          Be careful Edelweiss! I'm happy the roads here rarely get icy. 3" of rain, Sun?? I'd be underwater!!!Funny about the whirligig. Fen, I still think the moving owl is your best bet. Plus they're cool to watch.
          T, today my mantra is for you...........work is coming, work is coming.......And let the others take care of themselves a while.I know you have a big heart, but give yourself a break, love.
          It was so cute yest; I called Grateful, and after about 1/2 a ring, the phone was answered with a soft little mumble, then some jostling til I heard Grateful's sweet voice. Addie had answered the phone before she knew what was happening!! Too Cute!!
          Hubs is making breakfast (yooHOOOO!) because he knows better than to wait on me. He's gotten really good at it, just not as good as me.
          MB, quit swooning over that child. Eye candy, but don't touch!!!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

GM Everyone, Goin be a nice day today 60 and sunny tomorrow rain all day.Not sure what my plan's are for the day but i no im getting out for a while everyone have a great day. Trucker

Comment

too funny Rubes...I was wondering who would catch that!! He's not much older than my son!!! YICK
              I am really been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting about my drinking. I am not AF, but I am not in crisis either. But when I do drink, hubs gets all mad and ugly things happen. I am sick of the drama and the damage I am causing my marriage. So, I have borrowed the Big Book from a friend and am going to a Women's AA Group Tuesday night. I have always been a spiritual person, so perhaps the love of my family here and some face time with others will do the trick. I don't want to want alcohol anymore....I know you will all understand what I mean. Plus I really need to be present now...for Dad, my family and the demands of this dang job.

OK, now that official announcement is over.....I am going to read the Big Book for a bit with a warm cup of coffee and then off to tackle laundry. Or I may be a Mimzey and watch a movie. House is quite, boys at car show , birds are twittering and it is bliss....for now.
              kisses
              MB
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

To be a Mimzy one must be sunshine and flowers, floating through life on it's happiness. Never sinking down into the smog below of unhappy thoughts, despair, depression. But you are aware of it, just choose not to go there. I DO believe we choose the world we live in. I'm not a Pollyana, I know we have a lot of outside forces, but we DO have choices. OK, off my :soapbox: now!! Have a good Saturday, all!!
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

what did you mean by that last post Mimzey?? I am a little confused..we do make our path and chose our world and I am choosing a new happy AF one!! I agree with you 200%.....(as always)!

Comment

Just a bit of whimsy, MB. Mimzy's love whimsy! :H
                    sigpic

Comment

ok....I can take your tough love you know, just wasn't sure what you meant you sweet other mother

Comment

Awwh, sweet grit (girl raised in the South) I wasn't chiding you. You've got a lot going on now I know. Just trying to make you smile a bit.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning everyone Bird good to see you post. Trucker how are you I hope things are coming together for you. vickie my love you becarefull of this rain make sure you have good food and your meds!!! Looks like we are going to get it on Sunday and of course I have an open house where no one will come. Where is Greatfull???? Sunny how are you I will call you tomorrow Have a great day!!

Comment

OMG if you need a laugh today go to the Laughter thread and listen to the 911 calls. They are priceless. I've heard the second one but it still cracks me up!! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Good morning, family. I'm having coffee with you guys this morning, still trying to wake up. I had to take 3 tylenol pm to get to sleep last night, so a bit dazed. I wrote a post on my laptop last night, but lost it! Ugh.. Ruby, I was ROTFL about your crazy cardinal! Guess he had issues, like some of us, doing the same stupid thing and expecting different results! That was so cute of Addison answering the phone. I hear her in the background when I talk to Grateful. She is so precious and a blessing to her Nana! I totally agree with you about us having choices. A wise man once told me "We are the author of our own book, so write a happy one!" Roger, I'm so happy you got work, but you better watch that "watcher" behind you! She's not watching your work! LOL! Fennel, thank you for not making fun of my redneck talking. Those cardinals are so much bigger than the little wrenches, but when the big, red male comes, everything flies, including the females! The hummingbirds are the meanest of all! I have 3 feeders, yet they will kill each other over the same spot to eat! They fly into each other and knock each other to the ground. Then they just get up and go at it again! Sunni, it rained all day yesterday, last night and is suppose to rain all day today! Typical weather for us, though. Thank you so much for your recommendation of Revere. I ordered a nice 10 peice set for $179. MB, so happy you are having some "me" time today to rest and so happy you are going to try out an AA meeting. PLEASE be careful around a cute 24 old! It can be very tempting to flirt and then one thing will lead to another and I know how much you love your 3 guys! Not worth it! Enjoy your day and your nice weather! Bird, I am so jealous you are already gardening! Biz, I hope your weekend is nice and hopefully some will come to your open house. RC, how far away does your daughter live? You be careful and have a wonderful time! Trucker, so glad you are having a nice, sunny day and planning on getting out some. Did you go to a movie last night? Hill, hope you have a wonderful time ice fishing! Swannie, I hope today is a good day for you and you are getting stronger everyday. Tony, Grateful and anyone else I missed, I hope you all have a great day! Love, Vicki
                              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

My prayer for each one of you....

May the Lord open up the windows of heaven and pour you a blessing that you will not have room enough to receive it all.
                                May the Lord bless you exceedingly and abundantly above all you could ever hope for.
                                May the Lord bless you that you may walk in a financial overflow.
                                May you fall in love with him for the rest of your days in the Name...... of Jesus.
                                Amen
                                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                                X