The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for march madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, I was SO VERY tempted to edit and try to make those pics smaller, but then I thought about the 2 hours I waisted last time and the many cuss words I said, so I said No! Who cares, besides me? If you do care, please feel free to make them smaller, because I obviously am brain dead or STUPID, as hubby calls me! Anyway, I just talked to Trucker and he is doing fine, going to lots of AA meetings that seem to help, but he got viruses on his computer and had to take it to someone to fix, so he'll be gone for a few days. Hope everyone is having a GREAT day! Love you, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

No one around today, so I feel kinda lonesome! I just listened to this on facebook and it made me cry. It is so beautiful!

Worthy is the lamb!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yij8H-H3O1k[/video]]YouTube - i Worship - Worthy is the lamb Crown Him with many crowns.flv
      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

home from Nana's dinner....
        Ruby..yes roses thrive here..I would love it!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hey there everyone well got my truck ready tools all pack for the last job and well i will be making one call to line up some full time or part time work..what ever the guy has .. hoping he still or needs someone to help with his jobs .. just because i dont know how i will be getting any work now with my site down and no adds on the net ... i have to say even tho the books are order and will be here soon ..
          im still alittler freak.. am i going to have to watch my back and making sure the little white city cars dont pull up on the job .. i dont have my signs on the truck anymore and ill do what ever it takes .. to stay outa sight outa mind.. and the idea of getting my license is getting me freak alittle too just because there are some things in my past that might pop up and bite me in the ass ..i pray it wont and i need to make sure that i can tranfor the license from one state to another... just because i would love to just get outa florida and make something of what im working for a place of my own ,land or else ill be one of the 20 guys standing in front of homedepot looking for work ..all this thinking about everything has me alittle bumed ... but im hoping for the best and looking forward to the future and well thankx once again love and big hugs one and all :l:h:l:h
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh Rog...you have me worried too......but you need to do this to protect your business.....:goodjob:
            I am up and at it..
            Good morning all....
            Vicki....your pictures and posts are so sweet...you are always thinking of us
            Ruby......I love the casts....how did you do that? I would like to do my sons and my father......
            Oh my...l am watching the stunt plane that crashed in Brownsville Texas...the young girl is so beautiful.....she has a broken nexk, pelivis, facial fractures and burned over 70% of her body....
            why do I watch the news??

ok....must get ready for busy day........lots of pressure at work....big sales contest right now...
            I love you all....Oh, Nora.....started antabuse again last night!!:h
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

good morning .. well im running late .. and have to beat the trafic .. so ruby i hope you got some good rest girl you sounded so tired on the phone yesterday and you better be taking your meds .. sunshine hope you are feeling much better today and it looks like we have some MIA'S COME ON AND CHECKIN mama dont worry ..this will work out and stop watching the news enjoy your day .. vicky loved the pics .. and thank you for your kind words really everyone thank you ..well lets all have an awesome day :h:l:h:l:h
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hit the wrong button and lost my whole post.
                Apologies for my weirdness yest. I managed after4 days trying to keep up with Hubs, to pull/rip/tear/kill something in my back and had to take a muscle relaxers. How do people take those things every day??
                Lots going on here, but himself is back at work (whew!) I'm cleaning the house top to bottom, and though it's exhausting, I love it. Finding lost treasures along the way too.Doggies smell good, but give me funny looks when I turn on the water.
                OK. THE JOURNEY JAMBOREE!!!!! I've been working behind the scenes on a lot of things, but REALLY need your input on pinning down the date. I still like June, because the weather is usually very nice then. Can't do the first weekend, g'dau's BD, but any of the next 3 are wide open. (June 12/13, 19/20, 26/27) Now, I'll be there days before and after the weekend, so please don't feel limited to just Sat and Sun. Fathers Day is June 15 (MB, you would be about an hour away from your Daddy). I've been stocking up on non-perishables, frozen meats, and I'm going to start hitting the sales forsoft drinks, paper plates, etc. If anyone needs a ride from the airport, we can arrange that. Cabin is a little over an hour from the busiest airport in the world. So COME ON! Make your plans.There's about a half acre of grassy, shady flatland by the creek, and if I get enough commitments, I can rent the cabin on the stream from my neighbor. SO, it's very important you check in with me, give me your ideas, your plans. I'm SOOOO excited. This has been a long time in the making, and it's more than time we actually do this. Heck, stay a week, TWO WEEKS, if you want. Great places to camp, fish, hike. State Parks within minutes, beaches, lakes, waterfalls, the Bavarian-themed town, antiquing, horseback riding, zip rides, ...........
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

bizman;1081296 wrote: Good afternoon everyone yes it is SPRING!!!!!!!!!!and it is about time sell let see what is going on with me well the wife realy did get hurt in last weeks acident and she starts PT in the morning. They won't total the car but it will take 2 months to fix not happy. Have a 17 year old daughter that has givin me until the end of lent to buy her a car that I can't afford her problem is that she can't drive the rental car because she is not 18 and she can't drive my car because it is a company car so she can't drive at all and that drives her me and my wife crazy. so there that my bitch sesesion for the day Ho and I am adjusting to no AH on my day 2 and I have cut down alot like one a day untill yesterday well got to run everyone have a great week

Biz, I would advise dear daughter to take on extra shifts at work, and save up for a car. She can catch rides with you and her friends until then, or jump on her bike. No parent owes their kid a car!

Comment

So right Fen. I know it's hard hearing advice from others about our children, but once we get past our defenses, and listen, we can learn something. I'm tough with my grands, and they still love and respect me. So it's a matter of teaching them the realities of life, with love. I'm from a dif era, I know. But my grands are 5 to 21, and tho I lose them a bit in their mid teens, they come back to me. Consistency is important.
                    Fen, I really hope you and Mrs Fen will consider coming to the meet. You and I could probably discuss/argue/ politics/ world events till the cows come home. Truly, I'd love to meet you both, and it would be such a pleasure to meet ya'll.
                    Hubs called, said don't take a muscle relaxer today. I replied I don't intend to, but there sometimes is a choice to make between lying down in pain all day or being a bit goofy. What a choice!
                    Vick, MB, I did my Momma's hands after she got sick, about 3 months before we lost her. She was very dehydrated, but I love every wrinkle in those hands. I only wish I'd found the kits to do it when Daddy was still with us. He had the most beautiful, big hands. They were scarred from his lifetime of hard work, but I loved them. This is the song I wanted played at his funeral. Everyone in the building was crying when it was over. The lovely old preacher who had been speaking had just broken up talking about holding one of Daddy's big, beautiful hands in the hospital. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX4QVGykIA4[/video]]YouTube - Daddy's Hands
                    I bought the kit at Michaels, but any craft store should have them, and they're so easy. It seemed my Momma was so pleased doing it. We both knew she was dying, and I felt she was happy to know I wanted to keep something of her. My bro and sis lived next door to her, had more access, but this is something she and I shared. MB, if you have trouble finding the kit, let me know. Do this now, but include your Mom too. It will mean something to her, trust me.
                    :huggy
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good Morning everyone - Rog - keep thinking positive - you can do this, you know you can. At least you have work at the moment. So my friend, try hard not to let it get to you - easy for me to say I know, but you are in my prayers! Lots of hugs to you too :l:l:l

Fen and Ruby I totally agree with you re Biz and his daughter and the car - I don't think he usually reads back so I will say again - what if you don't get her one Biz?? Things will stay as they are now until she can earn enough money to help buy one....... Good morning dear Fen - hope things are going well for you? And Ruby - hope your back is feeling better - isn't moving better for it than laying in bed anyway? Do hope it gets better - what a pain for you.

Jan - I rarely watch the news. If something big happens, Hubs lets me know about it or else I catch it somehow, but it is usually too depressing. I like being an ostrich. Have a good day at work my friend and good for you taking the Antabuse again. XXXX

Vicki - those pictures were awesome - and the yellow rose and post was lovely - thank you so much - you are such a sweetie, always thinking of others - thank you SO much :h:h

Well, A chap is supposed to be coming and picking up my motorcycle today to take it away and find out why it is 'missing' - it gets scary to ride when it does that and the place where I bought it is taking it to try and find out what is going on. Hope I get it back soon - our weather has been awesome lately and I hear and see the other bikes.....

Have to go and do stuff. Back later - love and hugs to all,

Sun XXX
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

rubywillow;1081713 wrote: So right Fen. I know it's hard hearing advice from others about our children, but once we get past our defenses, and listen, we can learn something. I'm tough with my grands, and they still love and respect me. So it's a matter of teaching them the realities of life, with love. I'm from a dif era, I know. But my grands are 5 to 21, and tho I lose them a bit in their mid teens, they come back to me. Consistency is important.
                        Fen, I really hope you and Mrs Fen will consider coming to the meet. You and I could probably discuss/argue/ politics/ world events till the cows come home. Truly, I'd love to meet you both, and it would be such a pleasure to meet ya'll.
                        Rubes, I would love to meet up with you. I know we'd even find some political common ground ...but, there are some things too close to my heart to argue about. I've found this one topic in particular can drive a wedge between me and other peeps - I can't go there. :h

Comment

Good morning, family! Ruby, that song made me cry and I am going to attempt to do my parents' hands while I still have them around! I hope your back feels better today. See what I told you, Hill, about back problems when you get older, not that Ruby is old, by no means! Sunni, I'm so delighted that you sound better! Roger, I love you and I am praying that everything is going to work out for the best! Fen, good to see you here this morning! MB, hope you have a good day and without a doubt, you will win the contests! Does it pay anything? Where is our sweet little Grateful? I haven't heard from her all weekend! Well, after fishing last week 4 times with NO bites, I told Paul I wanted to sell my half of the little boat, but after eating his bass last night, I changed my mind! It was the best fish I ever ate and now I am willing to stay out on the lake all day to catch just one! Not today, though. My house needs a major overhaul! I hope you all have a wonderful day! Love, Vicki

Comment

Forgot to say I love the pics, Vick. The moon is closer to the earth than in 30 years, and gorgeous. Who knows what affect it's having on us!! I'm always a nut, so 'bout the same here.
                            Hubs had someone come to come give an estimate on re-roofing, but didn't bother to tell me, so I had a mad scramble to 'protect' TMB from him (or vicy versy). Lots of loud barking, window and and door checking from her, but we have things sorta settled. What a sweet kid! He couldn't stop telling me how beautiful it was out here, so I offered to sell it all to him!! He said 'I wish!' I'm not bragging, really. Hubs and I have worked very hard for a lifetime to be where we are, and I really love sharing it with others. This group is so big hearted, and I love that. Sharing, not giving away, is soothing to my soul. And no one asks for anything in return. It's the best part of human nature.
                            And that's why I SO hope ya'll will come to the Journey Jamboree (JJ, from now on) so I can share with you all what we have built. Hoarding treasures is useless, only treasures if they are shared. And we all need a break, something to look forward to, then great memories for the future. I have a vision of us all spending time fishing, sitting on the deck, riding down the water slide, visiting the goats on the roof. Wouldn't it be cool to build a treehouse while you're here, either up on the mountain or down by the creek? I'm pulling out all the stops, trying to get you people to get as excited about this as me. So PLEASE!! Jump in. Make your plans. Give me your pics on a date. Otherwise, I'm gonna be sitting up there, taking all your names in vain.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi all
                              Back from work and now gotta do stuff here. My kid starting to play in a rock band now her first practice tonight...T you should move up here it beats the hell out of S. Fla and real cheap to live I saw a big 3 br fixer upper the other day for 5000 owner finance but someone got to it bfore me. Hey my neighbors moved out you can live there and we could build projects ahahaha...I gotta practice piano...b

Comment

I'm here at the coffee house for aging hipsters, enjoying their internet access. Hopefully, I can catch up on most of the stuff that's been happening around here!

Comment

Working...
                                X