In memory of the Kanga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In memory of the Kanga

Welcome a newbie on Sunday. That's always been Tawny's suggestion.

In memory of the Kanga

In memory of The Kanga

How can he be gone? It’s beyond comprehension. Tawny, my heart is bleeding for you. There are simply no words to tell you how sorry I am. I am just sick. Pink, thank you for sharing him with us, your Steve. I’m so very sorry you have lost this special, special man.

To all of us at MWO as our keyboards flood with tears, mine included, I’m reminded of how unfair life can be. Why this? Why now? Why him? He was serving his country. He was loaded with talent, intelligence and humor and he was generous about sharing all of it. He brought such joy to us. How can we lose someone that special? There are no answers. There’s only anger, confusion and pain.

I didn’t know him very well, although I suspect after the hurt is over he’d encourage us to laugh. To enjoy one another. And to live on.

As fsophia suggests--and as Tawny does regularly, quietly, generously--I agree we should each consider conducting a random act of kindness on his behalf. Here or at home. An unexpected, unsolicited something. It’s a fitting tribute to our Kanga who brought so much to so many. Perhaps we can think of a way to create a permanent memorial to him here on the board. But like most of you probably, right now it’s too close, too raw, and too early to figure out anything.

How remarkable, our Kanga. Do you remember how he appeared? He showed up like no other and now that’s how he’s left us.

Kanga, wherever you are, we love you.

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

Bump. RJ says it perfectly
      Enough is enough

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

He will be remembered for a long long time..And very much missed..

MWO's most popular and most loved member..

God Bless.
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

Miss you already Kanga- :h
          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I did not know The Kanga, but I have come across his hilarious posts many times. Only yesterday morning I was in fits laughing at his 'cheesy poem thread'. My heart goes out to all of you that built up close friendships with him here at MWO.
            Amelia
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I think we should all petition God and get the Kanga back. We need him.

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

In Loving Memory of Kanga

Here is the link to the page:
                "In You (I found me)
                http://www.andiesisle.com/InYou.html

This is a very sad day for all of us. I hope you will find some comfort in this song.

:h Nancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I agree Lucky......
                  What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I have just spent a very tearful morning reading over all the Kanga posts. He will be sorely missed.

Can I just say, I agree with something that was said on one of these threads, can't remember who or where but it stuck in my head. It's as if he knew.

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

Yes, I think he knew too.

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I said the same thing to my husband.......I said, "it seems as though he somehow must have known, I can see it in his posts." I thought maybe it was a crazy thing to think, but now that I see I'm not the only one........
                        :h :h :h :h

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I just found out about Kanga on the mods board. I am in tears over the loss of this sweet man. I really like Roberta's suggestion about a random act of kindness in memory of Kanga. I am going to do mine now . . .

E

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

I have thought of this wonderful man all day. His posts made me want to run to the nearest Quantas office and book a ticket to Oz. What intelligent humour he had!!!
                            I (who did not know him) will miss him. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for those of you who knew him well. My deepest sympathy to you.
                            Janet

Comment

In memory of the Kanga

How about a day of abs on the first of December in fond memory of THE Kanga? Or, for those who want to extend the gesture, the first of each month? It can be known as Kanga Day. THE Kanga can be the patron saint of MWO.

Comment

Working...
                              X