Alice' s Wonderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alice' s Wonderland

This was written by my 16 year old son, he got 90%...

?Out of Control?

?Alice's Wonderland?

?There's an itch under my skin that I just can't scratch, and an itch that makes me feel real.?

It's the same every time, yet different. You arrive at the gate with some grass in your hand, the grass that makes you smile. Once you've passed through the gate, you fall down through the pipe and end up landing on the pill. This is the lifestyle of the lost and the dream of the broken, this isn't a game. This is the system of flames and pain, of power and of control. This is your commitment to the white dragon. Welcome to hell.

At first it was all just for fun, a social habit at most, but the more you indulge, the more you need and soon it's never enough. Memories of quality time with friends and family soon seize to suffice, and the people you love all drift away, more by every night. Soon you're left with just one friend, whom you can never trust. He gives you pleasure and bliss for just a moment, but after that he brings pain. The burning feeling in your sinus and the drops of blood from your veins, the smoke-stained colours of your once white teeth and the blood-shot red in your eyes, meet your new best friend, your brother, your master.

It was just another beautiful day, a walk in the park. Until that little voice returned and the dragon shortly followed. Realising where I was, a world very far from my own, I knew I could never leave. The dragon promised forgiveness, if only I could catch the white rabbit, but just like Alice I was stuck in this ?Wonderland?. The deeper you go, the closer you get, but his stainless resistance was truly superior to any attack. Depressed, suicidal, the acknowledgement of defeat. Then as your spirits drop, you start the game again. A needle in you arm, even just once, and you're gone.

Just like starting a family, you make a permanent commitment and you will always keep your vows. There it stands, your new partner, white... white powder. And just like a cild, the dragon will be. At times you'll hate him, at times you will love him. In the end, no matter what, you will support and protect him. You will support and protect your need. This is the life of a heroin addict, this life is out of control.

?One pill makes you larger,
    and one pill makes you small.
    And the pills that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all
    Call Alice,
    When she's ten feet tall?

- Jefferson Airplane (white rabbit)

Alice' s Wonderland

Brilliant writing
    Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
    Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

wow pretty intense stuff.

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

WOW!!! He really hit it on the head. Excellent writing.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

Excellent.
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

Listen to your child, Sol.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

I forgot about this...
              Exactly 3 years later, and the author is in a treatment facility!
              Was his addiction there already then!
              How did I miss it...

He is doing very well. I am so proud of him!
              Sol xxx

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

An absolute brilliant piece of work. The addiction was i would say there but we can only do what we can. The good thing is he is alive and getting well. You should be very proud Sol, he sounds like a beautiful son.

My son is also a recovering addict of crack and he has not had any for a year on the 27th March, i am proud also.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

Great writing.... Really. He was able to put into words what it is like to get caught in the grips of addiction and having to chase the dragon. I wish him all of the best for his future.

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

Fantastic piece of work. Im glad yr son is getting better Sol xxxxxx

Comment

Alice' s Wonderland

That made me cry. Wecare going through similar times.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X