Army Thread 4th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 4th March

:H I turned away for two minutes to answer the phone and when I get back...food talk! Sorry Starts but I too have a craving for ham. Tired so just making toasted ham and cheese sambos with chips. Tomorrow I will do something a bit more "creative".

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Yes JC makes perfect sense!

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Hiya, Mrs. A

Congratulations on your 5 months AF - absolutely fecking brilliant!!!
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

I second that.

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

I third that
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Hey all

Starts - I am so sorry about your mom - I lost my mom a long time ago but its still hurts some days.

JC - makes perfect sense. I think you would be surprised though if you confide in your friends by you - even when i was having serious issues, it always made me feel better to be able to help my friends through their difficulties. You could never be a burden!!!

evening to everyone else. I got warned off the ipad today.

xx
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Hello Army. Jaysus, where do I start to answer to the posts...
                KTAB;1069831 wrote: Love the iPhone :h but has anyone seen the new iPad?
                Recluse;1069850 wrote: No idea what an iPhone or an iPad is. Gonna have an iCoffee and then read back.

Good morning everyone and

Hello
                StirlyHello yerself you handsome Panda. This is the new iPad. I think I might talk myself into buying one. Younger son has a new iPhone. Would freak him out if his Mom got an iPad.:H
                http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/
                Unfortunately it doesn't come in mauve so I'll have to settle for pink.

Recluse;1069856 wrote: Was wondering where you were oney...don't be a stranger.

"Oney, I know what you mean about internet time. I have to start limiting myself as well." Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:H I'll still be around, just for less hours.

tiptronic_ct;1069868 wrote: Reccie!!!!

WTF??? You're up and about??? You OK?Was wondering that myself...
                Recluse;1069872 wrote: Afternoon tips. Are you at work today? How's it going? Yep, I'm up and about. Nothing to do with the melatonin, unfortunately, which was absolutely effing useless.
                tiptronic_ct;1069879 wrote:
                Yep, Reccie - am at work - hence my bouncing in and out of here in between dealing with bothersome people at my desk
                Try double the dose of melatonin tonight. If that still doesn't work, quadruple it. If you want to take more than that, you're on your own
                Reccie - I need to take at least two pills. Another member says he takes up to 4. After that I don't know. Hope you get it straightened out.
                mario;1069923 wrote:
                Afternoon all.

still down the west, not much internet connection around, but on the other hand the scenery is wonderful
                Mario, don't know exactly what part of western Ireland you're in but I did the "street view" tour and it is just such a beautiful country. So green and clean and I just have to get there one day.
                tiptronic_ct;1069987 wrote:
                An iPhone is just that - a phone (albeit a very funky one)

An iPad is a tablet computer. Not as powerful as a lappie, but more than sufficient for most people's needs. Just much smaller, of course. The new iPad II is thinner than an iPhone, by the way.
                It's amazing what new technology comes up with. I remember Mr. Stirly's first cell phone. It was the size of a fecking brick!!!
                JackieClaire;1070015 wrote:
                Evenink Peeps,

Well after me quick post this morning I took myself off to bed for one of my big thinks.

I'm still no further forward but I've come to realise how important this place is for me. The only friends I speak to up in the N.East regularly have got major health issues of their own and I can't burden them with my thoughts and problems. There's my family of course but with the nature of my mother's death that's a big no no too.

God I hope that makes sense.
                I can't talk to my family either. But I do enjoy talking to the members here. And especially to you JackieClaire. Love your accent BTW...
                tiptronic_ct;1070019 wrote:

We lubs you too...

And yes, you are making sense.
                trong>Recluse;1070020 wrote: I second that.Ditto to what the bouncy Tigger and the Panda said...

Recluse;1070033 wrote: Had to go out and buy a baguette and ham today 'cos JC mentioned ham sandwiches yesterday and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Yum!JC will do that to you. She'll say that she's got roast lamb for Sunday dinner and I have to go out and buy enough to feed 10 people and there's only two of us.
                JackieClaire;1070034 wrote: Well that's decided.

Hot Cross buns with lashings of Norpak (Aldi's version of Lurpak)
                There she goes again. Have you no pity? We have Lurpak here but what about the hot cross buns? I'd have to make them myself and it's after 9 fecking pm. :upset:
                expat3;1070047 wrote:
                :H I turned away for two minutes to answer the phone and when I get back...food talk! Sorry Starts but I too have a craving for ham. Tired so just making toasted ham and cheese sambos with chips. Tomorrow I will do something a bit more "creative".
                Great, now along with the buns and Lurpak, I want ham and cheese with chips. You peeps have no mercy....
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Yo Stirls,

Cassia, they are the two friends that know about my little problem, we can have a moan about kids and stuff but it's the alcoholic bit that bamboozles them
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

hey stirls...

yeah - it kinda bamboozles my friends as well - i can talk to my best mate here about it but only started talking to my best mate in the states about it. She was all like - what do uou do - i couldn't do it, blah blah blah. She doesn't have a problem though so she doesn't have to. It's a shame about your family. My dad is a recovering alcoholic and he has been totally supportive although doesn't thinks i am nuts for not going to AA.

xx

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Cassia;1070080 wrote: Hey all

Starts - I am so sorry about your mom - I lost my mom a long time ago but its still hurts some days.

JC - makes perfect sense. I think you would be surprised though if you confide in your friends by you - even when i was having serious issues, it always made me feel better to be able to help my friends through their difficulties. You could never be a burden!!!

evening to everyone else. I got warned off the ipad today.

xx
                      Hi Cassia. I can't imagine what I will go through when I lose my Mom.

Sorry to change the subject but why did you get warned off the iPad....

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

stirly-girly;1070081 wrote:
                        JC will do that to you. She'll say that she's got roast lamb for Sunday dinner and I have to go out and buy enough to feed 10 people and there's only two of us.

There she goes again. Have you no pity? We have Lurpak here but what about the hot cross buns? I'd have to make them myself and it's after 9 fecking pm. :upset:

Great, now along with the buns and Lurpak, I want ham and cheese with chips. You peeps have no mercy....
                        :H:H:H

Evening Stirly and Cassia :hiya:

Was that a new world record for multi-quoting?

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Where's she gone. Still waiting on the iPad
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Hey recluse

Stirls - my mate got one and said it is good but he would rather spend his money on an macbook then an ipad. He said I should definitely try it out first before buying. He said it was just like a bigger version of his iphone but pics weren't as good quality.

x

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

JackieClaire;1070082 wrote: Yo Stirls,

Cassia, they are the two friends that know about my little problem, we can have a moan about kids and stuff but it's the alcoholic bit that bamboozles them I am so very lucky to have a best friend here in Greece. We are totally different personality-wise but I would trust her with anything I felt that I needed to share. She wouldn't discuss it even with her husband. In spite of having surgery for breast cancer 6 years ago, she still loves her cigarettes and a couple of glasses of wine with her mid-day meal. And understands how hard it is to break a habit.
                              Cassia;1070084 wrote:
                              hey stirls...

yeah - it kinda bamboozles my friends as well - i can talk to my best mate here about it but only started talking to my best mate in the states about it. She was all like - what do uou do - i couldn't do it, blah blah blah. She doesn't have a problem though so she doesn't have to. It's a shame about your family. My dad is a recovering alcoholic and he has been totally supportive although doesn't thinks i am nuts for not going to AA.

xx
                              Cassia, people who don't have a problem with alcohol just don't get it. They don't know what it's like to want to have only one drink and then have to drink yourself into a comatose state. So good that your Dad has been so supportive for you. As for AA, it works miracles for many and for others, it simply doesn't work.

Am off to walk my doggie and then to bed. Wishing you all a very, very

Tomorrowz, Army......:h

Comment

Army Thread 4th March

Recluse;1070091 wrote:
                                Evening Stirly and Cassia
                                Was that a new world record for multi-quoting?
                                :H:H:H Probably. Off to walk the mutt. See youz all tomorrowz....:h

P.S. Reccie - good luck with the melatonin.
                                P.S. You are a funny bloke.

Comment

Working...
                                X