Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Physically Motivated You to Give Up AL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheri;1070483 wrote: Just imagine what our insides look like! That's what scared me the most. I felt the burning of the alcohol going down my throat and knew that my esophagus was being damaged. I also knew that the abdominal bloating was not just weight gain--it was a clear sign that my body was toxic. I felt the pain of my liver not being able to process the poison. I felt the poison pulsating through my veins and smelled it coming out of my pores like I was a walking brewery. I felt the fright of my heart pounding in my chest like it was going to explode. I saw the bruises that would just appear out of no where without any injury. I felt my ability to concentrate on even the littlest things diminish and be replaced with constant worry, anxiety, and panic attacks. I saw the shaking of my hands every morning as I was withdrawing from the night before. I felt my soul being destroyed with every poisonous sip. I could manage to look great on the outside, and did for the most part when I was in public. It was all part of keeping up the facade and my secret a secret from the outside world, but nothing I did to my outside to cover up my drinking could take away the fear of knowing that I was dying a very slow and paintful death in every possible way.

Sheri
    Jeeze....this is all me....what method in which did you stop.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm lost, I've gone to look for myself, so if I get back before I return, Please ask me to wait.

Comment

Well I'm just on Day 1 today. I am looking forward to waking up in the morning and saying to myself "good girl I am so proud of you" instead of waking up and saying "F*&##ck! I'm such a loser I am going to hate this day".

It's no way to start the day.

Comment

Working...
      X