Wondering if i should even be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im just thinking, havent been here in like a yr.

Nothings changed still the same old Karl.
    I stopped drinking wine last weekend, as drinking 2 bottles a night was getting expensive.
    so i though it would be a good idea to change to vodka. thought a bottle should last me a few nights, how wrong was i 1 night 1 bottle.

I have lost nearly everything in this way of life.
    Friends
    Family
    Police issues
    work
    life
    ect.

I dont have much going for me at the moment. or well for the past few years. just been floating though life.
    I dont really need people or friends. i really do enjoy my time by my self. tv, ps3 and a bottle sure does seem a hell of a lot better then hanging out with someone listen to there crap.
    I moved a month ago and still most of my stuff is packed. why? i dont know

Im not really sure why i am writing this maybe deep deep down somewhere in my soul i think i need to cut back of something. or is it because i have run of of Vodka tonight, and i cant sleep?

this life is one great big f*"k up the arse.

work, come home, drink, go to bed do the same the next day!
    or
    work, come home, dont drink go to bed and do the same the next day!

Doesnt really seem to me any different.

What has become of me. does any one else in here feel the way i do..

same shit day in and day out im sick of it..

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Hey you!!
    Good to see you back buddy but sorry things arent better
    Looks like its time for a few changes perhaps?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi karl we all have there,jump back in here and start a fresh, you know what your doing is just going to get worse & worse, come on you can make your life better.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Karl.

I reckon all the answers you need are in your own post from last night/this morning.
        You don't know whether you need to be here, and yet here you are.
        It was 3am and your instinct was to come and talk to people on an internet forum about the fact that you've lost almost everything important to you.

I think you're stuck in your own addictive cycle Karl, just like we all are or were

Sheri is right. Nothing changes if nothing changes. The people on this site who have been successful, and reclaimed their lives are the ones who have accepted that alcohol has to go, and stay gone.
        It might help if you stick around and read some of the amazing and inspiring stories. What always strikes me is how grateful people are and how free they feel one they get rid of the filthy poison out of their lives. It seems like their life blossoms.

You can have that too. All the hopelessness and pointlessness of your existence could just evaporate.

I really hope you come back, and wish you the very best.

Bridget.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Howya Karl,

Maybe trying some Alcohol free days is what you need, just to take stock and see where you go from there.
          Many people here have been in similar situations, the booze will just you bring you down further.
          If you want help and support its here for you.
          I havent had a drink in over 60 days and even in such a short time, my life has improved so much.
          Its not easy, there WILL be cravings but they dont last. You WILL see how things can look up even after a short while if you stay away from the booze for a bit.
          I hope you do.

All the best

Damo in Dublin
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Keep coming here for support. You should be here and keep coming here. You can do this. You are definitely stuck in a nasty cycle and it will take some AF days to bring you to a happier place.
            Keep posting, start with Day One AF tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X