For all the wonderful women of MWO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Not meaning to exclude the chaps, but..... )

It is International Womens' Day today, and I wanted to say that I hope that every single woman that posts on this site does something nice for themselves today!

I was at the end of my workout today, and was flagging, when this song came up on my playlist. I had to restrain myself from singing out loud :H:H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBnxqEVKlk[/video]]YouTube - Helen Reddy - 'I Am Woman' (Live) 1975

I was struck by how much the words apply to our struggle with the booze beast - particularly these lines

And I know too much to go back an' pretend
    'cause I've heard it all before
    And I've been down there on the floor
    No one's ever gonna keep me down again

To all of you who have inspired me with strategies and tools and your own sobriety - thanks! To all of you who are just starting out or struggling - we can do this!!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

I didnt know today was international womens day! I never heard that song before either. It really is a good one for MWO. It sets so many of our thoughts to music. Another one from the same era is this one. I always think that it is a great MWO anthem too. I saw it posted on the forum before.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_WIFKZ9Abk[/video]]YouTube - Crystal Gayle - Ready For The Times To Get Better
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Great post! I treated myself to pampering my feet after work, a nice cup of tea, oh, and a really well cut and flattering business suit for work that I bought this morning. Love the songs miss b and coalfire...

I am woman, hear me ROAR! lol

Comment

Miss, you are a woman to love!! I had a wicked day today, partly because I don't get out much anymore, but just seeing this, reading your words of the song, I'm EMPOWERED!! Daughter once went to a concert in ATL, and the great singer she went to see had cancelled because of illness, so Anne Murray appeared in her place. She said, as a 20-something, she got stares because she sang along with every song, having grown up listening to me playing them. Diversity is a GREAT thing, when it's not forced.
        Thank you love. Hope you have a great day.
        Rubes
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pu0Fn1oRN4[/video]]YouTube - Aretha Franklin & Annie Lennox - Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Celebrate!

Comment

enjoy ladies.
            AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

I never knew there was a day like this- how do we celebrate? I am turning in soon, so Boo- Yah! Yay!
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Its okay Fluff - it is MArch 8, so for you it is tomorrow!! Start your day with something nice when you wake up!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

'Afternoon Missy,

Didn't realise either.
                  I'll listen to the songs you've posted, and say a prayer for the women in the world who don't have lives as wonderful and free as ours.

Comment

Wooo wooo woo. What a song! never heard it before.

Comment

Erm ... Bump.

March 8. International Women's Day.

Comment

I want to be Annie Lennox when I grow up ......

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1072194 wrote: I want to be Annie Lennox when I grow up ......
                          I pretend I am. Daily.

Comment

Happy International Women's Day gurlz
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Happy womens day ladys

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X