• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Congratulations Im so happy for you xxx

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Congrats Papmom! You are such a positive voice in the threads and I have really enjoyed getting to know u! Well done. Here's to month eleven!!! X
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Well done a thousand times to my lovely friend - I'm so proud of you, you've worked hard and changed your life around - good on ya girl!!!!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

You are an amazing Woman

Papmom you rock sister! Soooo proud of you. You give so many of us here great support, help and encouragement. I hope to follow in your footsteps one day!!

10 Months is terrific. It won't be long before you hit the year mark!!!

:goodjob::h:l:goodjob:

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you everyone!! Chilli-thanks for starting this thread for me! You are so sweet and always remember everyone's anniverseries!!

I could not have made it this far without each and everyone of you. Some of you I only see in passing, others every day but you each touch me in some way and make me stronger.

I am sooooo excited about my 1 year date coming up and although today should have been that date, I have no regrets about the choices I made early on my journey. Each time was a learning experience and made me stronger as I got to know myself better and what I want for my life. Talk about peeling the onion layers!!

May you all feel the joy in your lives that I feel right now.

:l :h
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Well done papmom3 keep up the great work, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Ten months is marvelous, great going Pap.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

:goodjob:Papmom3. Congratulations on 10 months AF. Soon to be a year...:danthin: :happy: :yay::wd:
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Congratulations, Papmom!!!
                    Would love to know your "way out"- motivations- and how things are different at ten months, for you!
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

hi Fluff-
                      My Motivations:
                      1. Knowing that if I kept down the path I was going I wouldn't be alive to see my neices and nephews get married and have kids
                      2. Possibly dying before my dogs and cats
                      3. Losing my job if I kept calling in sick due to hangovers which would mean losing my house, my pets, etc.
                      4. Hating how I looked
                      5. Knowing I'd NEVER lose the weight if I kept drinking
                      6. the supplements were/are key for me
                      7. the MWO community-I felt like so many people had been giving me their time and energy helping me to succeed, how could I fail them? Plus I just feel like I'm 'home' here-the support is just extraordinary!!
                      8. As 1 month turned into 2 into 3 etc, I started feeling a joy for life I hadn't felt in a long time. At 6 months, I finally started understanding that a life without AL wasn't horrible, wasn't scary, in fact it was downright wonderful and that it was a lifestyle I want to continue with until I pass away, hopefully at a VERY ripe old age!

At this point in time, I view AL pretty much like I view cigarrettes and any form of illegal drugs-it's a poison and I don't want/need it in my life. I certainly didn't feel that way when i started this journey but I do now and know I will from this point forward!! That's the main difference. Other differences now compared to before I stopped or at the early parts of the journey are the love of life, more patience, REALLY listening to people (it isn't all about me. huh.),
                      a calmness I don't think I've ever felt in my life and the desire to try new things again. I'm doing Zumba, learning how to quilt and my agility skills have improved tremendously since I quit drinking. I'm also looking for a tiny travel trailer and hope to do a lot of agility/camping trips by myself with the dogs this summer and onward. I also have realized that my job is just a job, its not a career and there are FAR more important things to be doing then slaving away 60-80 hours a week for nothing (not even money as I get no overtime). So, I leave at 5 with no guilt whatsoever!! This is a HUGE step for me! Now, if I could only find a way to retire in the next 2 years!!

Hope this is what you were looking for Fluff! Thanks for your question!!

:l

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Yes, Papmom-That's exactly what I was looking for! Very motivational and encouraging!
                        Kudos to you on your success! Thanks for sharing.
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

LOL-I added more in the 2 minutes you were reading!! Another early bird!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Papmom, congratulations, that is awesome. You indeed should be proud. Keep adding those days together, and keep inspiring us!
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Papmom is 10 MONTHS AF!!

Congratulations Papmom! What a huge accomplishment!!

And thanks so much for the post on your success. Very inspirational! I have also started waking up to the realization that I don't know why I've been slaving away at my job for all these years. Obviously I want to be employed, but really there needs to be more balance and that is an area I've decided to start working on in my life as well!

Keep posting - we need these success stories!

Comment

Working...
                              X