No safe level of alcohol. Interesting article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi this was in yesterdays Guardian newspaper(uk)There is no such thing as a safe level of alcohol consumption | Professor David Nutt | Science | guardian.co.uk
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

"The toxicity of alcohol is worsened because in order for it to be cleared from the body it has to be metabolised to acetaldehyde, an even more toxic substance. Any food or drink contaminated with the amount of acetaldehyde that a unit of alcohol produces would be immediately banned as having an unacceptable health risk."

Wow, so it's byproduct, produced in order for it to leave our body is even more poisonous?

Interesting article, thanks Coal.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for sharing this interesting article. I thought the comments at the end were quite interesting as well. i agree that as a society, we seem to overlook the health risks of alcohol consumption and even go so far as to claim a little is good for you. Of course a few years ago I would have poo pooed any of this because I loved to drink so much.

I saved the article, and plan to share it either on Facebook or utilize it for our local coalition.

:thanks:
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
      X