Army Thread Wednesday 9th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning campers, its been quite a while since I started our beloved daily thread, then again its been a while since I woke a 4.30am and been unable to return to sleep.
    Yours sleepily :new:
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Good morning, KTAB

I'm sorry you were up at an ungodly hour. Then again, my alarm goes off at 5.00, so there are limits to my sympathy :H

Two buckets of coffee for you, at least. Assuming you have a new kettle by now...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hiya Zennie

And why aren't you in your pit yet?
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning punters!
        Zenny,that sounds absolutely PERFECT....I am jealous....
        KTAB, hope the sleep fairy gives you a better one tonight

Off to a funeral today, a guy who I was friends with in my 20s died. He had a terrible drink problem and died alone and wasted in his flat a few weeks ago. There but for the grace of God go any of us.
        Must get a wriggle on and go dogging etc. So will see you laters
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good luck, Starty :l

Bloody hell - that IS a long time before burial...
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Well, I dunno, but there isnt many going to the funeral, and the guy thats organising it knew I was going to Dublin and knew we wanted to go so I did ask if it could be arranged round that....
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning early risers, Sorry to hear about your friend Starts:l. I don't work today but I need to get some things taken care of that I've been putting off for way too long. Paper work and administrative stuff that I really hate doing. Going to sit down with a cup of coffee and make out my "to do" list for today. Writing it out helps to calm me. Wishing everyone a positive Wednesday--xxx.

Comment

Thanks Zen:l. But as we all know....ignoring them does not make them go away. So I'd better get at it. blah and double blah.

Comment

Good morning Zen,Expat,Ktab,Tips and starty.

Number 2 daughter arrived safely in San Francisco

All sorted for Dublin in June with Mr A almost happy for me to go on my own

Wedding all booked and paid for including all the clothes for march 27th.

Starty I hope the funeral is not too sad and it may be a timely reminder to many people about the peril of alcohol.

Ktab why are you awake so early??

Comment

Zenstyle;1072836 wrote: Apparently you were a whirling dervish of activity yesterday then Mrs A?! ) I suppose you ran 10 miles in amongst that lot somewhere too. Your energy is amazing. When did you start running/working out? (I'm convinced it makes a huge difference to our health, otherwise I wouldn't keep dragging my arse to the gym.)

Its time for shuteye. Will catch you on the mozz... be safe and be good peeps! xxx
                    No I did not run 10 miles but did 5 on the track AND I got filmed and interviewed i would post it but too embarrassed to even try.
                    nighty night Zen

Comment

Good Morning Troopers. (Good Night Zenners)

You all sound well. I am especially pleased today. And this is why. This is a picture I took of Tigger drying on my balcony after his bath last year when he was visiting me.

And this is what that same corner of our garden looks like right now...

We've got snow!!! inkele: :dancin: Off to walk Freddie in the white stuff. Catch up with youz laterz. Hope you all have a lovely day....:happyheart:
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning friends

Stirly I had to do a double take there :shocked: snow!

Starts - so sad about your friend, it's always a reminder to me how differently our lives can turn out and makes me appreciate my sobriety so much.

Anon - I have decided you are the best person I know at getting things organized, you should hire out your services to procrastinators....

Zenners - I couldn't look at chocolate for a very long time now after my over indulgence yesterday :yuk:
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Mornin ktab, chillers, zenny, tipps, mrs a, stirly, xpat and starty - sorry you have such a sad funeral to go to - certainly a warning to us all !
                          Delighted you all sorted mrs a, am after reading back to find out bout daughters wedding WOW I missed all that! and I really want the video of the interview etc. Plllleeeez
                          Lovely bright morn here in Dub - am going to veg till I have bed sores!
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning all

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mornin Mario, u dressin up in a frock for the romp in June??
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X