God what I am doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God what I am doing?

Have progressed to 750ml a night. Body is not taking it nicely. Had a seizure and still continue but don't want too. The feelings of isolation and lonliness seem to drive it. I want people over, but when they are here all they do is judge (usually family). We don't do this, we don't that that, etc. and they have nothing to do with alcohol. The latest is my moustache is too big, I have too many tattoos...then I want a drink. Ends up in a bindger. From my perspective they are not accepting me as who I am and I drink to avoid it.

God what I am doing?

You sound so unhappy. Where do you think you want to go from here? Do you think you would be able to withdraw safely and try for a 30 day AF run to clear your thinking? Or if you cant do that have you read about Baclofen up in the meds section? You dont have to be sober to start that. Maybe if you could decide which approach interested you people would be able to help.I suppose you have already thought about rehab and AA etc? There are lots of people trying different approaches on MWO.Which one(s) do you think would interest you?
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

God what I am doing?

Hey azmarkm, Man i can so much relate to your drinking pattern! I would wake up at 5 am and open a beer usually thow the first one up.. then they would flow down nicely. The thing was i wanted to quit and was trying to taper down slowly counting how many beer's i had drank the day before so not to go thew the dt's /seizure's BUT i just couldn't do it this time. So talking to some friend's and people here MWO in chat i went to the local hospital here went to the ER room and told them the truth even lied a little just so they wouldn't release me told them i was throwing up blood,They kept me and gave me IV fluid's and med's for the shaking so i wouldn't have a seizure. My last drink was febuary 19th today i have 18 day's a/f. All im saying is if you can't taper down and it is very hard to do.. go to detox or rehab or your local hospital and have someone a nurse watching over you im so glad i did. Again wishing you the best.Trucker

Comment

God what I am doing?

Being honest

I found out today that being honest with my family and friends helps immensely. I had kept myself at bay for to many years.
        In becoming me I don't have the desire to drink.

Comment

Working...
        X