what kind of clarity is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read people talk about clarity and seeing things differently. What does
    This mean? I want to find some peace. Is that it?.. I am spiritual and I do believe.
    Shiner

Ah clarity. Last time I quit drinking for a period of time (I don't count days/months), but yes you get this brilliant "clarity". Hard to explain. But, you start seeing and thinking about things so much more clearly. Its like life is brighter, more colorful, sharper and more calm. Everyone has a different experience related to this. But I noticed it particularly in listening to music, I could hear every note and it was so much more colorful. I think AL, dull the senses and thinking - so the contrast is very noticeable at some point in time. Also, related to this is how clear your thinking becomes about how un-useful AL itself is for mind and body. Hard to see that when your in a AL haze. And for some people, like me, spiritually brings you to even a higher level of serenity. Thats Gods gift of Grace. But thats also different for all. I am working my way back again and really look forward to this "clarity" again - it is the best part - like a natural high. TWO

Comment

I like the sound of that.... I want that. So I shall keep moving forward to day 3 tomorrow...
      Thanks TWO....
      Shiner

Comment

I feel that drinking abusively or unhealthfully separates us from our higher selves, or from God, depending on your beliefs. That's why they call alcohol Spirits, as it affects your spirit, soul, your inner core. Think of the horrible feelings waking up after heavy drinking. Not good. As you get more nad more days AF, you feel healthy, have nothing to be ashamed of in the present, and can again begin to appreciate all the good in life. Your family, job, house, a sunrise, a good cup of coffee, laughter, just normal everyday things take on a new meaning and can become sacred, blessed, special. Music is so enjoyable, good smells, just everything. You are no longer sick and tired.

I know this sounds dramatic, but it is real and true. Alcohol, or any drug really, places you in a fog, and being AF gives you a chance to feel healthy again. You can do this,and realize when you have a crappy day or feel down, that it will pass. You can do this ODAT.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Wonderful thread. May I suggest you read or reread 'The Awakening' by Sonny Carroll. I try and post it at least once a year. It defines for me what I'm working towards.

The Awakening
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

This is really great info.. Thank you all so much... I feel so optimistic. Because
            I know what I want and I know what I have to do and I know that I need to be here...
            Shiner

Comment

Really really wonderful beautiful posts. I am going to keep re-reading them to remember how it is to be happy and sober.

One note of caution, and that is you can get to feeling so great you think you can handle drinking again. THIS HAS NOT BEEN TRUE FOR ME! So be careful and do not let that nasty addictive monster in your brain tell you that can handle it..squash that monster like a bug, no NO NO!!! I do not drink!!!

Feisty enough for you?

Comment

Working...
              X