Bad couple of days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad couple of days

I'm having a crap couple of days ='( Craving badly.. thoughts in the head telling me it'll be ok now.. *sigh* funny thing is tho, things have been going GREAT for me and after reading a stupid book it got me thinking and wondering whether i settled for second best all my life just for an easy way.. just so i didn't fail... They are stupid feelings for stupid reason but it has upset me no end. And ofcourse the beast lurks close waiting for these moments to haunt and hunt me.

Bad couple of days

Poor Michelle - I'm having a bummer day too - nothing wrong - just blue! I s'pose everyone has those days, just us alkies think that booze might solve it - normal people just reckon they're having a bad day and put up with it! As regards second best, obviously I can't answer for you, but I'm sure we all wonder from time to time have we taken the easy option - I examine my head sometimes and ask myself am I happy MOST of the time, and in honesty the answer is yes - maybe I'm lazy but for me - that's good enough - better than lots of folks have anyway. Thinking of you and sending hugs
    Molly:l:l
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Bad couple of days

Oh punkin...I am sorry. I think you are an intelligent and well read woman that questions things. Some people just plod through life and never engage their brain. (That's what a psychologist told me once.) She said that smart people struggle sometimes because they are always questioning and searching.
      Plus, as women, we tend to analyze....our marriage, our choices. I know I do. Like Molly.....I weigh the pros and cons in my life, and except for the booze.....my life is pretty great. Mind you...there are days I want to push Hubs in front of a bus...but then the next day I love him to death.
      Hang in there...you have been an inspiration to me and you have those two beautiful babies...you have been through alot of stress with the house and all......xoxoxo Jan
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Bad couple of days

Sorry to hear that Chelle. I know that days like that are just around the corner for me. I always find keeping occupied helps, or putting on a film.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Bad couple of days

We all get them cravings and downers michelle, its how we deal with them that matters, look at the positive parts of your life, everything good that is happening with you,These feelings will pass,keep the head up :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Bad couple of days

Sorry to hear that you're having a few bad days. We all get them now and then. Good for you on not giving in to the AL monster. As you know, you'll just feel worse afterwards. Better days to come - the sun is always shining, even when it's covered by clouds. As others said, try looking at the positive things...

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Bad couple of days

Thanx everyone! Today Was truly hard and I had many tears but also a few laughs tonight which wouldn't have happened if I had given in. I guess it just proves that the al beast hunts you, follows you where ever you go and waits in the shadow for it's moment to pounce!! Luckily as it did, I kneed him in the balls and he off without getting a touch!

Comment

Working...
              X