Went to AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to AA

Was fantastic, so glad I went, way different from what I expected. Going to do th 90 meetings in 90 days...I finally think I have my answer

Anyone sitting on the fence about going, definately give it a try, it will surprise you
    The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Went to AA

Thats great news. You will find meetings are different, but you will find your home, and meetings you truely feel comfortable in. Its a wonderfull outlet for us, and its free!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Went to AA

Great to hear that End!! Delighted that you found it helpful!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Went to AA

I am so glad that you had a positive experience with it- hope it continues to help you with your sobriety!
        Best wishes to eol-!
        fluff
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Went to AA

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll keep y'all posted !

Comment

Went to AA

Please do EoftL.
            I am curious of AA.
            70 days AF now and doing really well.
            I log on here most days and it has been my biggest support of staying AF.

Have been thinking of attending a meeting. I dont think I NEED to attend but am curious.

Reading peoples stories help me here, so am guessing to here them at meetings could possibly be an additional way of support.

Best of luck to you.

Damo
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Went to AA

I am delighted for you EOL.
              Thanks for posting this
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Went to AA

Delighted for you eol, keep us posted,

Damo your doing great keep it up :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Went to AA

damo180;1075969 wrote: Please do EoftL.
                  I am curious of AA.
                  70 days AF now and doing really well.
                  I log on here most days and it has been my biggest support of staying AF.

Have been thinking of attending a meeting. I dont think I NEED to attend but am curious.

Reading peoples stories help me here, so am guessing to here them at meetings could possibly be an additional way of support.

Best of luck to you.

Damo
                  Well done on 70 days. I would definately encourage you to go, you will probably get something from it. I get the impression that although everyone is following a common program you can basically take from it what you need. I means different things to different people, for me I think it signifies that I have done as much as I could to "self-recover" and realised that that wasn't gonna work. Thankfully I have realsied this early (-isH) having only tried to quit on my own from the ages 19-26. I can't say too much this early on I suppose, I don't know everything or even that much. I think I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut and take thir advice for once, and just keep going back

Comment

Went to AA

End, I am very happy for you and that you have found a place where you can receive support for your sobriety! I have always appreciated the core thoughts of AA on personal responsibility. So key to our long term recovery! I look forward to following your journey!

Kate
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Went to AA

Thanks for the reply KateH1. Yeah they're all really supportive. Its up to us to actually turn up there though. For example today, I just don't want to go. I could barely get out of bed this morning and the idea of being cheered up is depressing haha. F'ing sucks that I had rewrite all my entire life around not drinking. Obviously doesn't suck as much as pissing my life against the wall, but in the short term it def feels like it.

Comment

Went to AA

Hey EndOf,

When I went to AA it was totally different from what I expected too. In a brilliant way! I, too am doing 90/90. So far 77 days sober. And when you really don't want to go to a meeting - yeah, you guessed it, just go! I always feel better after attending a meeting. even when, like you, I almost don't WANT it to work, to be cheered up etc

You can find weekly AA threads in the monthly abstinence section of this forum - you are very welcome to join us.

K x
                        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Went to AA

Thanks Kimberly, I'm having trouble knowing where to file things on this forum ! xx

Comment

Working...
                          X