Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoholic aged 3.

In todays paper.

A CHILD of THREE has been treated in hospital for alcoholism, it's been revealed.
    Doctors diagnosed the West Midlands toddler as Britain's youngest booze sufferer.

Experts called the case "horrifying".

The un-named toddler is thought to have been given booze repeatedly for six months and would have suffered withdrawal symptoms of shakes and wild mood swings.

The youngster was among 13 children under 12 diagnosed alcoholic by the Heart of England NHS Trust between 2008 and 2010. Nicolay Sorensen, of Alcohol Concern, said: "To be diagnosed alcoholic, it's possible this child would have shown a physical dependency.

"They would have had to ingest enough to cause withdrawal symptoms. It is a horrifying case." Alcohol awareness group Drinkaware said childhood boozing could disrupt brain development.

Last month, a girl of eight from Dundee was identified as the youngest alcoholic.

She had started raiding her parents' drinks and then developed "a serious problem", getting "steaming drunk" four or five times a week. In the area where the three-year-old lives 106 13-16 year-olds were treated over booze.

I am lost for words.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Alcoholic aged 3.

OMG, I am SHOCKED, poor kids, this disease is bad enough when you are an adult.
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Alcoholic aged 3.

The adults in this kids life need to be taken out and shot! The poor wee thing.
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Alcoholic aged 3.

Absolutely terrible.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Alcoholic aged 3.

The adults in that scenario should be charged with murder - that is absolutely appalling!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Alcoholic aged 3.

My guess is they've been giving her alcohol to keep her quiet, even sleeping maybe. It's said that mother's (?) who sit and beg with babies in their arms do that here so that the child is quiet and not fussy while the mother's begging. I hope they take that poor girl out of that situation and get her a good foster home. As for the 8-year old from Dundee, how could she get steaming drunk and her parents not notice? She obviously needs a foster home as well. Just heartbreaking that things like this go on.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Alcoholic aged 3.

That's just horrifying.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Alcoholic aged 3.

Beyond words ! but the saddest thing of all is that even if these children were put into care its probably too late for them as the damage has already been done as most of the mad child protection laws in the UK are more about supporting the parents than the children. Utterly disgraceful on all levels. The world truely has gone mad !

Comment

Working...
                X