Today I will be sober !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I will be sober !

Today is a new day , come up with a plan to wake up everyday and repeat as my mantra "today I will be sober" . I had a very sobering thought when I was in the supermarket a couple of hours ago. I thought omg all those bottles represent a prison cell for me !!! Because for some unknown reason I had this vison yesterday that if I dont stop getting drunk and doing irresponsible things it is only a matter of time before I do something that will land me in prison. Where the thought came from I dont know, but boy am I taking it as a sign and another reason to quit !

Today I will be sober !

Go for it Brave hearted, keep your negative thoughts for the alcohol and your positive thoughts for the new life you will soon see & feel.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Today I will be sober !

Yeah go for it Braveheart! Many of us are not drinking today!

By the way, Mario has the best eyebrows on this site! lol
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Today I will be sober !

Hi Brave, Good for you! It seems that you are creating a shift in your drinking thinking! You made me think about the thought of prison and for me, the self imposed "prison" that alcohol creates for me. For what is prison but being separated from being able to live life to the fullest? For me, alcohol does just that. For me, alcohol creates a life of being separated from the reality of my true feelings and emotions, both negative and positive. It is living each day in a fog, full of regrets. Not truly living! For me, sobriety is truly the Gift of Freedom!

Wishing you a day filled with no regrets!

Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Today I will be sober !

Hi BH - I agree with everything Kate has said, for me alcohol was a prison which separated me from my true self and prevented me from really experiencing my emotions both good and bad. It anesthetized me and I recently quoted the definition of anethetized which sums it up perfectly "deprived of feeling or awareness".

There are situations I got myself into when drunk where others in the exactly the same circumstances will have died. There but for the grace of God.... BH you have another chance to get things right and you have so much worth getting it right for. Count your blessings each morning right after you say "today I will be sober".
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Today I will be sober !

YES to all the above! I went for a 5-mile walk with some friends at 7:00 this morning---not a chance in Hell I'd have been able to pop out of bed and exercise that early in the "bad old days" of perpetual hangovers! I felt so glad and grateful to be well again.

BH, thanks for reminding us how wonderful sobriety is!
            Jane Jane

Comment

Today I will be sober !

Thank you all for your lovely replies. How very true al is a prison to many of us, I had not thought of it in that light. I had focussed more on being put in prison away form all things that I have and Chill has remined me of for which I will add my gratetude to along with my today I will be sober !. A friend told me theie decision to al was a kind of relasese , I so agree it feels like all the nterna dialogue about how much when and what to drink involved in modding has gone ! really quite liberating, frees my mad brain up a bit whichcannot be a bad thing. Also considering how much we will save not drinking ???????? total win win situation.

Love to you all

BHxx

Comment

Today I will be sober !

Go for it Braveheart! I will join you in being sober today.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Today I will be sober !

KateH1;1076462 wrote: Hi Brave, Good for you! It seems that you are creating a shift in your drinking thinking! You made me think about the thought of prison and for me, the self imposed "prison" that alcohol creates for me. For what is prison but being separated from being able to live life to the fullest? For me, alcohol does just that. For me, alcohol creates a life of being separated from the reality of my true feelings and emotions, both negative and positive. It is living each day in a fog, full of regrets. Not truly living! For me, sobriety is truly the Gift of Freedom!

Wishing you a day filled with no regrets!

Kate
                  Kate,

What a wonderful analogy and so true.

Self-imposed prison.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                  X