Today I will be sober day 4 special people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day four and feeling good. I had a very enlightened thought which is a bit tongue in cheek but made me smile. I struggle with the question of why I have been unlucky enough to be stuck with this horrid disease and all the subsequent trauma it has bought to my life over the past 30 years or more. I considermyself lucky to have a strong spiritual base and as I lay in bed this morning, the old question why why have I suffured so much over the years ?????? and then it came to me in histroy lots of the special people have endured suffering and pain, so there you go !!!!!! I am one of the chosen ones and I have gone though all the crap I have because I am special ! And I know its a bit of an old chestnut but everything does happen for a reason especially for us special people !

Happy Wednesday to you all

BHx

No one dies a virgin. Life screws us all.

Another less eloquent way of looking at it.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Brave, I like your positive attitude. Use whatever tools you have to keep you on track and sober. :goodjob:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I loved your post today

This is the kind of insight that cemented the foundations of my recovery!! From the very beginning I was grateful for my addiction, I too saw it as something I'd been given to learn from and felt blessed. I thought about the "normal" people and how they would never know how so much of this feels, never really appreciate that moment when we wake up and realize we are not hungover and all the other wonderful epiphanies we have.

Even the experience of the initial withdrawal I thought was something profound. The roller coaster of emotions we have, the detox and the physical changes. All this I now have experience of and because of that experience I actually have an insight and compassion for other suffering addicts that I could never have had otherwise.

BH you are special :l
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

GREAT post BH!!

I am very grateful to wake up sober in the morns, to other people who don't have a drink problem, it's just another day, but to me, it's sweet FREEDOM! Thats very special INDEED!

Thats what we need more of on the boards..POSITIVITY!! Good on ya!
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
          X