Sex drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sex drive?

:blush::blush::blush: Ok embarassing question but here goes...

Has your addiction to alcohol affected your sex drive? I am sad to say mine has, I just can never be bothered with it anymore I am seriously hoping that cutting down/quitting will mean I get my mojo back again because my hubby is getting really p*ssed off with me :upset:

Does anyone know if this is a common complaint in alcoholics?
    Taking it ODAT

Sex drive?

i would rather do the dishes.......and the ironing and change 435 dirty nappies.....

So I feel your pain!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sex drive?

When I was in long term relationships/ married yes, I couldnt be arsed and would just prefer to pass out after too much wine (Think that is to do with a bit of resentment at the person for trying to get you to quit? Was in my case!) but lately it's all I bloody think about when I am pissed and er... a lotwhen Im sober as well lol. I dont think I am in the right place to have a relationship at the moment though.

My long distance ex is kind of creeping back into my life (God knows why, I was a complete bitch to him when pissed! Even though I blamed everything on him!) He knows I am in AA and I dont know whether he is offering me a final chance but to be quite honest a long distance relationship is stressful and I hated the crashing come downs after we would spend time together so I would... well, you know ... lol. I cant put myself in that position right now. If it's meant to be, it'll happen in time. Im not stressing over it as I cant afford to.

Comment

Sex drive?

I have to say it got to the point when my libido went from very high to non existent and I would rather drink than anything else. Plus when you're constantly drunk as a man it doesn't exactly help 'the general' stand to attention!

Since quitting again I am happy to report my libido has returned.

Why am I blushing?

*sneaks off*
        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Sex drive?

EnglishWriter77;1078258 wrote: I have to say it got to the point when my libido went from very high to non existent and I would rather drink than anything else. Plus when you're constantly drunk as a man it doesn't exactly help 'the general' stand to attention!

Since quitting again I am happy to report my libido has returned.

Why am I blushing?

*sneaks off*
          Question is: do you at least still know what to do with it?

Just askin' (innocently, like)...
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Sex drive?

one2many;1078216 wrote: i would rather do the dishes.......and the ironing and change 435 dirty nappies.....

So I feel your pain!
            I, on the other hand, feel Rob's pain. Well, not literally, but I guess you know what I mean...
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Sex drive?

When I was drinking I couldnt really have cared less, like EW said drinking was far more important and when I was in a relationship it was usually just drunk crappy sex.

A few months after getting sober my libido kicked in and i've been like a frustrated sex kitten ever since
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Sex drive?

tiptronic_ct;1078302 wrote: I, on the other hand, feel Rob's pain. Well, not literally, but I guess you know what I mean...
                He is WELL looked after .....his libido is like thru the roof...:H:H

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sex drive?

one2many;1078216 wrote: i would rather do the dishes.......and the ironing and change 435 dirty nappies.....

So I feel your pain!
                  LMAO Oney...:H:H

M I feel the same but I'm hoping to follow in Chills footsteps ...another good reason to kick this bloody AL into touch
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Sex drive?

tiptronic_ct;1078301 wrote: Question is: do you at least still know what to do with it?

Just askin' (innocently, like)...
                    I never did in the first place

:H
                    If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Sex drive?

Panno;1078335 wrote: LMAO Oney...:H:H

M I feel the same but I'm hoping to follow in Chills footsteps ...another good reason to kick this bloody AL into touch
                      I got worse when I gave up drink, I found sober sex very difficult. I am better now but struggled for a while with it.

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sex drive?

at the height of my drinking it did, could not care less about it, now it back but its not like i'm 20 again. when are you coming back to Ireland Chilli ?
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Sex drive?

madmans;1078351 wrote: at the height of my drinking it did, could not care less about it, now it back but its not like i'm 20 again. when are you coming back to Ireland Chilli ?
                          :H:H:H:H

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sex drive?

When ever I had one drink I couldn't stop till I passed out so on my drinking days it was rare for me to have had sex but I never lost my mojo. If anything I needed it more as I felt worthless and needed it to make me feel wanted. Now I'm sober it's every few days but actually it's been over a week as I've felt pretty low so maybe it's not soo much the drink that takes away our mojos, maybe it's the depression that comes with drinking... Just an idea!

Comment

Sex drive?

madmans;1078351 wrote: at the height of my drinking it did, could not care less about it, now it back but its not like i'm 20 again. when are you coming back to Ireland Chilli ?
                              :H:H:H shit MM I was just there didnt you hear the meowing?
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X