Criticism of Others on This Site - Hypocricy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know i keep putting coalface as i am thinking we are all at the coalface digging to get out, sorry coalfire :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Coalfire, I have TRULY enjoyed your posts. Keep them coming, please.:goodjob:
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Yeah the coalface is a good anology. Ok You can call me coalface.

Thanks ruby willow. I am only 51 days sober and I have read about how much your perspective changes as you put some distance between yourself and alcohol. Maybe next year I will look at my old posts and say

1 That was bulls**t

2What the hell??

3 Ok I must have been on drugs.

However you can only get sober as you get sober if that makes any sense.I havent got any firm opinions yet. Im holding everything up to the light and slowly building my own version of sobriety. This time next year I fully plan on being the dalai lama of sobriety though:H :yeahright:
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Hi Kundalini- I will miss you -it's nice to see you pop into the Killer Thread-you have a fun sense of humor- I did read some of that AA post and just thought to myself that it was getting a bit out of hand so I stopped reading it- too much going on for my brain to handle.
          I can see how that and the other incident would upset you- but like others here have said- it will soon be forgotten about- and guess what -another incident will pop up,it's just inevitable- that's just how life itself is...I actually have my popcorn handy at these times- it's sometimes more interesting to read some of this stuff- much like watching a tv show- remember you can always change the channel-or use your "ignore"button as Ruby said.
          Hope you don't stay away for too long...:h
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Kundalini Girl it would be sad to see you go ,If this site is given you more good than bad why go ? take the good positive posts that are here you can & ignore the negative ones........But if you still decide to move on good luck in whatever & wherever you go.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks Mr. G., Coalfire, Fennel, Mario, Fluff - you are all so sweet and I agree that this place really is wonderful overall. And, if I were trying to be AF, I would stay. The disagreements wouldn't send me away. I thought it was just timely to put it out there in the hopes that people would think a bit more about what they say knowing that others are always reading throughout the website.

Ruby, you bring up some good points. Just so you know, there was absolutely no negativity directed toward me. I just hated to see the gang mentality that occurred afterwards. I'm a big girl and that alone wouldn't make me leave.

Aside from all that......, there really isn't much support here for people modding. I believe I'm having pretty good success with it, but there isn't a lot of activity on those threads. Also, I think it’s probably a healthy thing to take a break and see how I do just living life “normally” (whatever that is lol).

So, again, thanks everyone. I really am fond of so many of you and if I decide to go back to being AF, I will be back here in a heartbeat.

RC, a special thank you for keeping me company on the moderation threads.

Love you guys – I really do!
              KG

Comment

OK KG. I understand. Have a break have a kit kat as the advertisement says.If you change your mind you know where we are..All the best on your journey. You be careful out there. Good luck.x
                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

coalfire;1078620 wrote:
                  No one died KG.As PbarE said-if you put a crowd of passionate intelligent people together then the temperature will rise sometimes. Its a little bit like real life. Think of your nearest and dearest.Have you never had a huffy head with them? Of course you have. I am fortunate enough to be in a happy relationship with mr coalfire but we have had spats over the years too. So why wouldnt it happen on MWO? This site is not just a support group. It is a very real think tank for alcoholics. There are people from science/medical backgrounds on this site and their training influences how they see things and the type of things they like to talk about.They are from evidence based professions and want to pick things apart and look at things in new ways. The next person might view things through a religious dimension and is more comfortable with faith based ideals.The next group are traditionalists and prefer tried and trusted methods.

Different sections clashed yesterday but its fine today.I managed to annoy both groups yesterday. Thats what happens if you try to sit on two stools-you fall off both of them:H
                  :goodjob: Thank you Coalface for putting things in the perspective they deserved.
                  I love the name Sobriety Tart, I wish I'd thought of it 1st :H

Chilltart
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Ok you can be my little chill tart:H What flavour would you like to be? Apple maybe,strawberry?

Comment

I think in keeping with Chilli I would like to be a Spicytart
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Thats funny! Ok we have a spicytart and a sobriety tart. Any more tarts out there?

Comment

Hey all,

Kg - I wish you peace and strength on your journey. You have been an inspiration to many who have wanted to moderate in particular to Jenny, mylife, and rc. I am really glad you said your piece before you went. Better out then in.

Coalfire - I love the whole sobriety tart tagline. Geez, if you cant laugh at yourself, you can you laugh at? I am with chill...I wish I had thought of it.

There are numerous things people could take the piss out of me for and no doubt there are things I have said on here that people think I am an ass, or a moron. Or just downright nuts! That is totally cool. I would be more than happy to hear it...that's how I grow and develop as a person.

I am just plain tart...I took umbrage at the old!!! I think I might want to be a quiche though!

X
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

"I think I might want to be a quiche though!"

posh pants!

Comment

I'm starting to get hungry....
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Yeah well...I like to be different!! X
                                'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Working...
                                X