Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some days on and others are off !

Hi folks ,

I am now drinking on/off basis like 3-4 AF ,2 days AL,6-7 days AF,2-3 days AL otherwise I used to drink everyday !!! Could anyone suggest if this is a progressive sign or Just an emotional events ?
    I have bought Baclofen but trying to be AF without them !
    How do you think ?
    Thank you for sharing,
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

dixon;1078701 wrote: Hi folks ,

I am now drinking on/off basis like 3-4 AF ,2 days AL,6-7 days AF,2-3 days AL otherwise I used to drink everyday !!! Could anyone suggest if this is a progressive sign or Just an emotional events ?
    I have bought Baclofen but trying to be AF without them !
    How do you think ?
    Thank you for sharing,
    Dixon
    Dix, we all have to find what works. Usually, being AF for a period of time is the best. I don't know where yours will lead. Wish I could be of more help, but this is SUCH a personal thing. It always takes work, though.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well it's an improvement isn't it? Well done for gaining that measure of control.
      Only you can decide whether it's progress, and I guess that depends on what you're aiming for, how much you are drinking when you drink, and how you feel afterwards.
      If you're trying to moderate and you are feeling well on what you're doing and don't binge out of control then I'd call that progress. If you drink too much whenever you drink, you have to decide whether that's acceptable to you.

Comment

It sure is a step in the right direction. What do you hope to do next?
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

rubywillow;1078732 wrote: Dix, we all have to find what works. Usually, being AF for a period of time is the best. I don't know where yours will lead. Wish I could be of more help, but this is SUCH a personal thing. It always takes work, though.
          Rubby,

Of course you have sent me many PMs to help me out ,you are very kind !
          I drink too much when I am free from work that is a great problem.Do you suggest to intake baclofen when I feel craving ?
          Many thanks,
          Dixon

Comment

Dancingon and Coalfire,

Thanks for yours motivation ,I am also feeling well and taken it as a step !!
            Lets see ...

Do you suggest to take low dose baclofen when I am free from work otherwise I do not feel strong craving ?
            Thanks for your suggestion and how you all are doing ?
            Dixon

Comment

Dixon there is a thread in the meds section called baclofen prn. I am using low dose baclofen although I was sober when I started it. You will get more help if you post questions like these in the meds section.
              I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

coalfire;1079039 wrote: Dixon there is a thread in the meds section called baclofen prn. I am using low dose baclofen although I was sober when I started it. You will get more help if you post questions like these in the meds section.
                Thanks Coalfire for your suggestion as well as your PM to me . I am going through your thread sent me by PM.
                I am 5 Days sober now and just feeling some depressive symptoms ,a small negative thought drives me to thinking of AL !
                Dixon

Comment

That's typical, Dix. So now is the time to work, find something to occupy yourself when you're depressed, craving. Physical work helped me; yardwork, whacking weeds and bushes, and burning them. There is something cathartic about standing around an open fire, hon! The toolbox has tons of suggestions!
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Rubby,

These are the best ideas !
                    You also know that these ideas hide somewhere if our craving and depression hit them ,so difficult .A big war ..isn't it ?
                    In my case craving does not hit every time so I am searching something that gives relief for a couple of hours ?
                    Do you refer anabuse,any sweets,baclofen or any ? I don't want to take many medicines in regular basis as I am already on AD.Other friends are also welcome for advice please!
                    Anyway many thanks being with me always.
                    Dixon

Comment

My choice is Topomax, but other things work for other people. It's mostly a mental thing, Dix. But some meds DO help. Keep busy. Stay away from things that tempt you. And best of 'luck' with this. Stay here, come in and post when you're tempted or frustrated.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ruby,
                        I agree with you that all things are now correlated with mental disorder !!
                        If Topa is for instant relief from craving and can discontinue any time ,could you PM me or write here with the doses please ?
                        You are great !
                        Dixon

Comment

I am similar Dixon. Yes Antabuse can help. You can only take it on days when you really need it .I took a quarter of a tablet yesterday.The most important thing about Antabuse is that you have to be 100% sure that you wont drink once you have taken it. You cant change your mind and drink or you could become seriously ill. I find low dose Baclofen helps too if you take 20mg about 2 hours before the witching hour or the time you normally crave alcohol. It is best that you try 5mg one day then 10 mg one day then 15mg one day then 20mg one day until you know that it is safe for you as some people can be affected by low doses. Its effect is subtle and useful for people who are already sober to stay sober. I find it to be a useful tool in my toolbox. I am not sure that it would work to be bring down a full blown daily alcohol habit. You might have to go for the switch for that but who knows? If you leave work at 5pm you could try taking it at 3pm. Good luck. ps You can take both antabuse and baclofen together. It is safe. I tried topa but I prefer Baclofen. It calms me more. No one can tell you which drug will work for you. You must choose one and try it yourself.You cannot just read about the drugs. You must try them. All the reading in the world wont get you sober.

Comment

Coalfire,

I hope you will hit the switch soon.More strengthto you from me as well.
                            Your idea taking baclofen before finishing job ,it could fit for me and I was also thinking so , I must try.
                            You know , I am struggling tonight to remain AF.Moreover,I am working in the boozing area where the night life starts early and ends at around 4.00 am only .I am the boss of my job so can take a sip anytime I feel,which is dangerous ??
                            In my past life I never remained AF at weekends but today hoping so.I also used to get drunk everynight a couple of month before but AF now for 6 days. More intreseringly,I am going to remain AF in this friday night in boozing zone which I think a quite lot progress.
                            I am now on AD and vitamin B Complex+magnesium and Evening Promise Oil which I think recovering my immunity.
                            Still not tried Baclofen.Will try when feel strong craving .....
                            Dixon

Comment

You sound as if you are making progress Dixon. I am pleased for you. Let us know how you get on with the baclofen before you leave work. PS I am not trying to hit the switch. I am already sober 53 days. I just use a little baclofen to soften the witching hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X