Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the Irish. Lets be careful today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really high risk day for all us Irish particularly those of us who are heading out. This is just a thread to wish you all well. We have to remember not to throw it all away. Hopefully tonight we will all be logging on to say that we are all home safe and well and happy. Remember we are all in it together. Thinking of you all as you make it through today. Good luck and god bless.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Nice one Coal! Have a great sober day to the Irish out and about or entertaining! Stay strong!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Im bloody Welsh and had an invite out along the lines of 'celebrating' St Paddys Day - Think Im best off staying home at the mo!

Comment

Stay safe and sober ....Sobriety Tart rocks!!

Stay safe everyone who is celebrating :l

Look forward to everybodys success stories tomorrow :l
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

I am going to be a safe mariotart.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Well I made it home. Watched the parades and then my OH and friends headed off to the pub in Dublin and I went home. Truthfully I was sad watching them all heading off. I cut a lonely figure walking home by myself and for 5 mins I hated this condition with a passion. Once I got home though I was ok. I wasnt really tempted to join them. They would have 4 or 5 hours and go home calmly. I would have had 4 or 5 hours and....well we know what would have happened next. Anyway its over. Thats one big milestone I have made it through anyway. Hopefully next year will be easier.Now for my giant tub of pringles and magnum ice cream.
            I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

WHOOOOHOOO Coalie! You did it! Well Done!!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Yeah you are right about fighting the loss.It feels weird weird weird. Anyway as you said one too many I did it and thats all that matters. I have a new book here waiting for me and a heap of good tv programs taped and an Indian take away due to arrive shortly and new pyjamas and a magnum in the freezer and a tub of pringles. I kind of knew I would feel a bit sorry for myself so I had an anti self- pity pack arranged in advance.I know I will be delighted with myself in the morning.I am glad its over. Thanks.

Comment

It sure doesnt Zen.Yes there really is something about new pjs isnt there..and new socks. i love putting on a pair of new socks. They are never the same after the first wash. When I win the lotto I am going to have new socks every day.

Comment

Nice one CF, yeah we can all feel a little bit 'left out' and selfpitying sometimes - so what! Better than a drunken quivering wreck any day - and by the way, your evening planned sounds a hell of a lot more appealing to me than the pub!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm getting me teeth fixed and a bath.
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks mollly k. I read that a few times and that helped.A masseuse...oh how I would love a masseuse.Yeah cosmetic surgery for sure. I would be too embarassed to inflict my untidy lifestyle on a maid though. What are you both up to today?

Comment

Molly k. You will have a bath when you win the lotto or buy a bath when you win the lotto?

Comment

:H:H. can you not sell it on to some other drunken eejit? Dont post so much that you burn the dinner!!

Comment

Be careful zen. I hope to see you on the forum tomorrow saying that the shouldnt bit won. I will look out for you in the morning. Enjoy the food and the friends though! x

Comment

Working...
                              X