Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

I posted this in another section this morning but I was hoping someone here can chime in on this for me.. I would appreciate it..

Shiner

Hola everyone... Well I have a question. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a hangover.. What is that about? I really didn't feel good. Went to the gym and walked but decided to go back home and have some coffee. This is day 9 for me and I have felt so good until this morning... What happened?

Last night at dinner... my sweetie had a couple of margaritas and he gave me the cherry they put on top. One of them did have some alcohol on it but I by no means drank any at all. Could that have done it? Or is this just normal? I feel normal now but I didn't like that feeling at all.

Mema.. you are a brave lady - (Lady Gaga).... whew... have fun with that... Lol.

I hope you wonderful people have a great day and Happy St. Patricks Day... Shiner

Question

Shiner - there could be a few reasons for how you were feeling but I doubt it had anything to do with the cherry. Ist off have you been drinking enough fluids? You could have been dehydrated. You mentioned coffee and I love my coffee too but in the early days its important to try and not drink too much caffine. You are still detoxing and want to flush all the toxins out as quickly as possible so water and herbal teas are good. Did you consume alot of sugar? When I have a sugar binge the next day it feels exactly like a hangover. It could also be partly pscycological, the mind is a complex machine. I once had a drinking dream and i swear I felt hungover when I woke up.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Question

Hi Shiner,
      Don't think we've met so Hello to you.

Don't think for a minute that the cherry caused the hangover feeling. Have you upped your sugar and caffeine drinks in take since being AF. Oh and by the way :goodjob: on 9 days.

Even now if I've eaten too much chocolate the night before I can still wake up feeling a but woolly headed. It's till early days and your body is probably a bit surprised at the lack of alcohol in your system and still healing.

Just try and keep the non AL fluids up and staying away from AL. You're doing great.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Question

Shiner it depends what you mean. I was going to start a thread called fake hangovers. I am 50+ days AF and every morning I waken up in a panic. What did I do last night? How did I get home? After a minute or two I come round and realise its ok...I didnt drink. This happens me EVERY SINGLE MORNING. If you mean that I totallly get it but if you mean physically ill then Im not sure..Could you just have been unwell eg mild viral or tummy bug? I dont think that the alcohol on the cherry could have caused it. Like chillgirl says you are detoxing now and your body is clearing out a lot of toxins in your sleep. A trip to the bathroom and a few glasses of water should sort that out. Drink lots of water at the moment.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Question

Thanks everyone.. I drink water all day long. The only other thing is some coffe and diet ginger ale.. I dont do alot of sweets but the one thing I did last night that I dont normally do is eat icecream and I took two Melantonin later than usual.. Maybe that is it.. All I know is I didnt like that feeling.
          I feel better now though. I guess it is also a reminder why I should stay af.

Shiner

Comment

Question

Shiner, I don't know about Melatonin, but I occasionally take a half sleeper - very weak ones, and I often feel like a chronic hangover for about an hour after I wake up, could it be that? I do remember tho, shortly into 'stopping' sometimes feeling that feeling as well. I would agree with the others on coffee in the early sober days. Best get all the toxins out and gentle the coffee back in after a while.
            Bottom line is - you didn't drink!!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Question

Shiner, I've discovered that melatonin has a definite "draggy" effect on me the morning after. I wonder if it's affecting you this way, only more so?

Comment

Question

Hi hunni!

Well, I get this a lot. Intact, today I have felt like I drank 3 large bottles or whisky, had a few vodka shots and fell down a flight of stairs. I feel like I have the worlds biggest hangover and my body aches but if course I didn't drink.

What I personally think is that when we drink, we tend to replace the ill feeling with the 'hangover' However, surely the normal I feel sh*t or really poorly is the smacking headache, the feeling sick, the feeling shaky.... I think it's normal for people to feel like a they have a hangover when they are just poorly... Does that make sence *lol* found that kinda hard to explain. When ever I get I'll tho, its almost all the same signs and symptoms of 'the hangover'.
                Soooo if I was you, curl up on the sofa, get something yummy to eat, maybe a hot water bottle for visual effects, add a pillow and a blanket too and moan a bit for sympathy!!!!! Hope you feel better soon! I think it's just a bug!

Comment

Question

Hi Shiner

Just wanted to say Congrats on the nine days! I think you have a lot of good reasons here why you might have felt like a hangover. The only time that has happened to me was due to dehydration.

I am sure this will pass...let us know how you are keeping!

x
                  'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Question

Hi... I am back to normal. Whatever that is. Lol. But I do feel much better. Thank you all for your time yesterday. I must have had a small bug. Today is day 10 and that makes me very happy. I hope you all have a great weekend.
                    Shiner

Comment

Question

Keep moving forward shinner, Day 10 is great.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                      X