Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just lost my job because I showed up drunk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Reenie,

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm sending you good vibes and (((((hugs)))). Now maybe with this job transfer and the fact that you are committed to being AF, that you can prove yourself to your employer. They will see that you mean business, have learned from your mistake and are willing to change. My job situation was kind of like Doggygirl's....I own my own business but I also work as an independent contract for two companies. I know in my worst drinking days I drunk dialed people at the home office, and then of course did not remember the conversations at all. I'm lucky I still have a very successful career....I truly believe I was not far from throwing it all away in shame.

Good for you for accepting responsibility for your actions and going to AA. It shows strength, maturity and commitment. My mother always told me that anything worth achieving is never easy. Nothing could be more true in your case. Good luck tomorrow and I'll be rooting for you.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow Reenie. I would like to draw your attention to another thread in MWO. I cant believe it took me so long to find it! It might help to quiet your mind if you are feeling frazzled about your new job. I agree with the above advice. It might take time to prove to your employers that you have changed but if you walk the walk for long enough then they will come round. Good luck!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ion-42989.html
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Thanks Rusty and Coalfire. I agree, it's going to take time to redeem myself. I'm just going to have to walk in strong and confident. In time, I hope to gain my reputation and integrity back. I'll take my job and my sobriety one day at a time. Ugh.... What a mess... May I learn from this and keep on the AF track. Fortunately, I have really been vesting myself into AA and have formed a strong network of terrific women. I can't disappoint God, Myself, Family, Friends and AA peeps anymore. So many people have stood by me and are getting tired. MWO peeps have been terrific with me as well.
        September 23, 2011

Comment

It's almost end of day 8 AF for me. Today was my first day back to work after having screwed up a week ago. My employers were a little cold, I can't blame them. We had to re-hash somethings. It was a bit painful, but I deserve what I got. Meanwhile, I'm fortunate to still have my job and am very grateful. - Reenie
          September 23, 2011

Comment

Glad you have your first day over with Reenie.I am sure your employers will eventually come around. You have a huge incentive now to go for this as you know they will be watching you like a hawk. Thats scary but you might look back and realise thats what saved you. Good luck.
            I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

I agree with you Coalfire. I am going to be watched like a hawk and rightfully so. In time I will redeem myself. I am so grateful for having not lost my job, yet this is a big wake up call. It will take time for all of this chaos pass over. Yet, I must never forget. I'm leaving again for work shortly. I still don't have my driver's license. It's still a pain to get to and from work, but I will deal. Again, I'm grateful for not losing my job. I'm feeling a bit hopeful. Today is 9 days AF. My anxiety has ceased some and my tears have stopped. After work, I plan on going to an AA meeting at 7:30 pm. The meetings, the women and MWO peeps are keeping me on track. Have a great day!
              September 23, 2011

Comment

I wish you lots of strength. I have lost two jobs due to my alcohol abuse and had to resign an third. All were great paying, but high stress. It is truly a wake-up call, but disgustingly, one was not enough for me.
                I am only on day 3 AF, but I know with God's help, I can do it and so can you.
                Keep the faith. One day at a time.
                Taking it one day at a time! Lord, I seek your will for my life.

:new:

Comment

Reenie: Good luck and remember that every day you show them that you are sober and working like you should they will focus less and less on what happened and eventually it will be a thing of the past.

And about me: Its day 9 sober. The last few days were the best. Eating breakfast at the correct time and really enjoying food that early is something very new and wonderful for me

It used to be a bit of a gamble to eat food early when I was hung over he he I even went for a 20 minute jog after breakfast. Felt very good, especially mentally as I have had a very bad conciousness about not training when I was drinking.

I will not drink today either, so I treated myself to a big tub of icecream. This is a habit I will stop too, and that should be easyer that stopping drinking.

Anyway, the next days are very high risk for me in terms of starting drinking again. I can feel it... I am so good at making excuses. "I will just have a few beers and go to sleep...", "It's only beer not vodka or even HEROIN, so it could have been much worse..." etc etc...

I hope I will make it...

Comment

Hi Scandinavian. I hope you make it too. Are you taking any meds or anything?

Comment

Coalfire: I took some Antabuse but the "common / 1 in 10" side effects are depression and so, so I stopped it.

This is of course just a bad excuse for not taking it. Other than that I am taking nothing. I am very very sceptical towards any drugs.

Comment

Taking the 8 am train to work. Embarking on day 10. I was confronted with A yesterday. I said, "no". I'm so happy to wake up today knowing that I made the right decision. I made a contract with God and plan on sticking to it. He saved my job and is saving me. Because I have been transferred to another department, and because my work peers are wondering why my company actually retained me, I can feel the coldness from my work peers. This too shall pass. Have a good day everyone. Good luck Scandinavian. - Reenie.
                        September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X