Army Thread Friday 18th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a little workhorse too Coalie from a really early age, My Mother did nothing and my dad was an alcoholic, I took care of everything, my 11 year old looks at me funny when I asj him to dry the dishes...i still make him do it tho
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I use filter coffee from the supermarkets. No particular brand, but most are rated 1-5 for strengh, so I always pick a 5. Columbian coffee is always good for a kick up the arse, and theres also an instant espresso one that Nescafe do thats pretty good.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yeah that was a lot for you as a young child.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

cymru;1079816 wrote: I use filter coffee from the supermarkets. No particular brand, but most are rated 1-5 for strengh, so I always pick a 5. Columbian coffee is always good for a kick up the arse, and theres also an instant espresso one that Nescafe do thats pretty good.
          Cheers handsome x

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

coalfire;1079817 wrote: Yeah that was a lot for you as a young child. My eldest neice is 16 now and is looking for her first part time job.I would kill to be a fly on the wall the day she starts. -You want me to do what? like now? Is that it..can I sit down now?. God help her first employer.:H
            LMAO, My first job was like a breath of fresh air!! I do think it is important to give the kids little jobs tho, we blast the music here and i give them all cloths, the 2 youngest think it's great fun, the 11 year old moans and grumps.

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

My youngest brother had his first job this year - he's 20 in April!

When I were a lad, etc, etc, I had a job hand washing cars on a lot all weekend (even in winter - that gets cold!) I worked in a fish and chip shop 3 evenings a week, and then on weekend evenings washed glasses in the local pub!

But I'm not bitter

Morning All - Happy Red Nose Day etc.

EW
              If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Normal Service now resumed

Morning Tippers,Zenners,Mrs A,Expat,Starters,Cassia,CF,Chillers,marioooooooooo ,Waggers,Panno, Oney, Cy,EW and all those yet to drop by.

A big yooooooooooo hooooooooooo to Carol

Back from the physio and I'm feeling fine. Shoulder is getting better and better each day, not perfect, but getting there.

Glorious day, had a bit of a shop up the High Street. Even bought meself a Euro millions ticket. So if you don't see me tomorrow messages can be sent through my butler addressed to Mrs Incredibly Rich, Very Large House,The Maldives.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Even bought meself a Euro millions ticket. So if you don't see me tomorrow messages can be sent through my butler addressed to Mrs Incredibly Rich, Very Large House,The Maldives.
                  LMAO!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1079821 wrote: My youngest brother had his first job this year - he's 20 in April!

When I were a lad, etc, etc, I had a job hand washing cars on a lot all weekend (even in winter - that gets cold!) I worked in a fish and chip shop 3 evenings a week, and then on weekend evenings washed glasses in the local pub!

But I'm not bitter

Morning All - Happy Red Nose Day etc.

EW
                    You didn't happen to also walk 10 miles in heavy snow to get to school? Barefoot, no less...
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1079830 wrote: You didn't happen to also walk 10 miles in heavy snow to get to school? Barefoot, no less...
                      no that was me
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya again Army

Woohoo! No more meetings for today. My admin is up to date. Mailbox has been attended to. Feels good
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1079831 wrote: no that was me
                          ... and you didn't even have a warm coat, did you?
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1079833 wrote: ... and you didn't even have a warm coat, did you?
                            Nope just sack cloth and I used to get a right beating if I left me ashes at home.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I used to only have a bit of string to play with on Christmas Day and my brother and I can both ride a unicycle as we could only afford half a bike each.
                              If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1079836 wrote: I used to only have a bit of string to play with on Christmas Day and my brother and I can both ride a unicycle as we could only afford half a bike each.
                                :H:H:H

Rightio back to the kitchen I go.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X