Army Thread Sat 19th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since I started the army thread! Locked the cat in Erins room and he was wining to get out. Took me about 20 mins in my sleep to realise where he was! I thought he was outside and in some sort of distress!
    Anyway, as I said, it's been a while, and it's an honour to be able to start the great army thread once again. I'd like to thank my publicist, my family, my girlfriend, and most importantly you, my fellow alcoholics. I couldn't of got here without you( weep weep)
    Have a great day everyone! Xxx
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Good morning Cyborg. Here, have a tissue, cannot bear to see a grown man weep.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks starts!
      Now, do I go back to sleep, or get up and go for a very early morning walk to find somewhere open that is selling news papers!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I would go back to sleep if I could
        But if the weather is nice a walk would be good too.
        I have an all day sesh at uni today, so I darent go back to sleep
        On coffee number 2 now

Comment

Think I'll attempt some more shut eye! I feel wide awake now though! Think I better try, as I have Erin all day and then I'm out tnt. Speak laters. X
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Snuggle down and think happy thoughts Cy.
            Nighters xx

Comment

Hiya Cy - good to see you
              hello starters top of the morning to you too
              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Good morning cymru,startingover,zeppie. and all those yet to drop in.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Of out for a days work catch you all laters. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:hallo: Army

We watched a charming movie last night. It's called "Spud" - based on an excellent book about the adventures of a 14 y/o boy who attends a posh private school in SA on a scholarship. The difficulties of fitting in, finding yourself, dealing with loss, young love etc. etc.

His grandmother is affectioanlly called "the Wombat" and reminds a bit of Froglet - she calls it as she sees it and is ever so slightly mad :H Her take on the bible, for example: it is filled with incest and violence and should carry an age restriction!

John Cleese plays an English Teacher with a drink problem - he was brilliantly funny. Heartwarming stuff, really.

We so often slag local productions because they aren't sophisticated or slick, but this was really good. Not so the Saffa vampire movie that Mrs. T and the youngest cub are watching right now. Total shite.

We're in for a scorcher again - 34C or higher, depending on whether there'll be a breeze or not. The cicadas are already noisy, the little feckers.
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning my dear friends :hiya:
                      Cy - bet your fast asleep again
                      Tartypants - hope all is good with you, I think you have a busy day ahead
                      Zeppie - how's it with you? Please drop in more often
                      Mario - I'm impressed at your cycling, can I ask how long it takes you to do say 20km, I'm always trying to beat my time but I'm stuck on 1 hour 5mins
                      Tips - I have friends in Cape Town who raved about Spud, I must see if I can download it

I woke up with a big smile on my face (and before you ask, yes I am alone ) just one of these mornings when the world looks wonderful.......
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1080463 wrote:
                        I woke up with a big smile on my face (and before you ask, yes I am alone )
                        :H:H:H
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Army, I love Saturday mornings:h. Nothing special planned but it feels so good just to take it easy and not be rushed to be ANYWHERE. I do need to catch up on some emails to friends and family, a bit of decluttering/cleaning and a trip to the library to bring back some books and dvd's (and get more!). Weather is pretty grey and chilly at the moment but maybe a walk in the forest later if it clears up. Tips, that film sounds great! I bet my daughter (she's 14) would love it! Is it in English? If not, we don't mind movies with subtitles. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Comment

Morning again punters!

Good to see you Zepps

I am going to look out for that film Tiggs

Chill, I am smiling too

Comment

Hiya Expat & Tarty

Yep, it's an English movie. And well worth watching. I'm sure it would have been released in the UK (even if only on DVD), what with John Cleese appearing in it.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X