Thank blinking goodness !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very pleased to report I am 7 days af and my mood is deinatley on the up turn !! phew being down was getting me down if that is possible. I count myself so lucky that when I made the decison to attempt to go af I knew I should come back here. I have had such great support and rekindled some old friendships it makes me proud to be part of this community.

But I must just have a quick rant. OMG untill I went af I never realised how many programmes include people drinking in them and if thats not enough the adverts are back to back glamourising al !!!! and then they wonder why al is the huge social problem it is.

I am still walking past the bottles of 'prison cell' and feel so grateful that I can walk on by, my poor little body is slowly recovering from all the toxin I have poured into it over the years !!!.

Onward and upward, untill the next lots of hormones kick in ago and then I will be back on crying onto my lime and soda !!!

What a fab lot you are thank you for bearing with me ! I may not be easy but I am a tryer !!

I love and need you all.

BHx

BH,

Great news on being AF for seven days!!

Hopefully the mood swings will even out as you get more and more AF time under your belt.

Glad you are here!
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

BH - know what you mean about the AL content in a lot of programmes. If there isnt a drink being had there is a half bottle - corked of course! we are in tv land and therefore dont have nasty empties littering our kitchen - parked on the bench. Have started turning it off and taking the kids and dog for a walk. Dont give in to a subliminal thought. My rant of course.

Great work on 7 days. Keep on going.

Comment

:goodjob: congrats on your 7 days BH, its a great feeling to be free from the sick and tired of being sick and tired days! onwards and upwards
        AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

:goodjob: Brave. Sticking around here definitely helps. I don't think you could find a more supportive group anywhere than here at MWO.
          As for the AL on TV, of course there isn't a movie or series or whatever that doesn't include people drinking wine or beer with every single lunch or dinner. They have banned the wine and liquor companies from advertising here as well as the tobacco companies thank goodness, but the number of young people in tv shows that consume alcohol is alarming to me. Why do they have to take a bottle of beer out of the fridge instead of a can of soda? Come to think of it, I've rarely seen someone drink a glass of plain water instead of some other kind of beverage.
          Anyway, I've strayed from the topic at hand which is to congratulate you on 7 days AF. Well done.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yay Brave!
            I am 2 weeks today, so were doing good!
            I also take note of drinkers on tv shows. In real life, I think about 70% of the eastenders residents have an alcohol problem!!!
            Looking to forward to our 2/3 week update!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Brave hearted, nice work on your one week sober. I am glad that you are feeling a little better. The first month or two, really are an emotional roller coaster. I did not realise how emotionally, and mentally exhausting quitting drinking is. I expected the physical side effects (not the sugar cravings, that was un-expected) but I didn't realise the psychological battles that come along.

Hang in there, you can do it.
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi Brave hearted, great work on your 7 days, keep it going.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good for you BH - you really must be feeling the benefits now alright! I totally agree with you about ads and tele and booze. Considering Ireland has a reputation for drinking too much there are even ads here advertising 'brand Ireland' and they all drinking wine etc. There is also an ad for Northern Ireland, makes the place look fantastic - and not an alcoholic drink in sight. Makes me want to holiday there rather than here - good on you N. Ireland!!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                  X