Arghh - 2 Days AF Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have written 2 very long threads that have not gone through.

I have finally reached 2 AF days since 2004! Too much to rewrite - I will try again tomorrow.

Basically my life has been a living hell for almost 8 1/2 years because of daily drinking. I finally started making changes to my life about a month ago and made a plan. My last drink was Thursday night and I feel great!!!

I have a plan for everyday and I will not drink NO MATTER WHAT! No physical withdraws and my mood is great. Very few cravings and I have been able to squash them easily.

I am attending SMART Recovery, SOS and life coaching in addition to daily excercise and reading.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone here - I read the posts everyday and it just made me keep trying to find a solution that would work for me. I am not kidding myself, this will not be easy. But nowhere near as hard as the AL beast or the daily hell of drinking made me think it would be.

:thanks:
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Well done Red, keep up the good work, it only gets better and better.
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's really great

K x
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Red, great job on your two days, and on getting organised. It sounds like you really want to make a positive change in your life.

Certainly, as you wrote, it will not be easy, but you can do it. The urges will come in their own time, and that is fine - surf them. Some will be stronger or longer in duration, just ride them out. It may take some time for the physical issues to manifest themselves, and that is OK. Eat healthy, stay hydrated, and try to get some exercise if you can.

Remember it will take a while for your body to react to not having the poison in it each day. Then it will take a while for your body to swing back to a homeostatic level. This process took me about two months I think. Be patient, and add those days together.

If you find you have written a long post, and or lost track of time, hi lite the post, and right click, and pick copy as the option. So even if it kicks you out when you try to post it, you can start the thread again, or go to where you were and press paste via the same process.

Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

thats great red you are sounding very positive :goodjob: we are all behind you every step keep posting and let us know how your doing. best of luck & be happy

Comment

Today is day 4 and I am feeling better than I have felt in YEARS! Yesterday was a very stressful day and whenever I thought about drinking I immediately shut the thought down. All of a sudden I know I have power over this. Whenever I think of AL now I think POISON STAY AWAY. For whatever reason it seems so clear to me that AL does not solve anything and in fact my problems are no where near as bad as they are when I am drinking. Stuff that I thought I could not deal with while I was drinking is not so bad at all. I am so excited and humbled by this. Saturday morning I took blood tests and I will know the results this morning. This is my benchmark, 3 months from now I take them again I am am determined to have them all within healthy ranges by then.

My plan - SMART Recovery, SOS, Life Coaching, daily excercise and LOTS of reading.

Happy Monday!!!!

Comment

Great post red! I am just over 2 weeks sober and feel the same. A great, positive post to read, and I look forward to many more!
              A very happy Monday to you too!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Three weeks dry for me, and WOW the energy and clarity of thought! What a gift...and it's one that we give ourselves. Good for you, Red!
                Jane Jane

Comment

cymru;1081724 wrote: Great post red! I am just over 2 weeks sober and feel the same. A great, positive post to read, and I look forward to many more!
                  A very happy Monday to you too!
                  great for you too cyms glad to here your doing so good now :goodjob:also well done red!! what positivity its grrreat!!:l

Comment

Keep going people, you can do this,:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hows it going red hope you are still feeling positive

Comment

Today is day 5 and I am feeling awesome. I could never imagine how great this could feel. I prayed for years to find a way out of this hell. This weekend I am going on a day trip for the first time in at least 8 years. So many things seem possible to me now when just a few weeks ago all I could do was go to work than come home and drink. Last night I went to Home Depot to buy a new garbage disposal, mine has been broken for months and I just could not "find time" to get a new one. I am also doing a lot of cooking to occupy my free time, so I have lots of healthy stuff to snack on instead of junk food. Got my blood test results back yesterday and cholestrol is high and Glucose is slightly elevated but the liver panel was within normal ranges (shocking!) so I have given myself 3 months to get healthier and retake the tests.

I will write more later as I really want to thank each of you for your support.

Comment

red, congrats on day 5.
                          Your posts are giving me strength. I am day 1. I am looking forward to getting "time" again to do activities. Not just making time for AL.
                          caper
                          AF since Sept 2013...
                          :alf:

Comment

Yay Yay and double Yay!!
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

:yay: oh wow red glad to hear your doing great !! way to go

Comment

Working...
                              X