AL tastes weird now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AL tastes weird now.

We were at a dinner party last night and about two or three ounces of wine was poured into my glass before I could put my hand over it. I sipped politely a couple of times over the next few hours (and left at least half in the glass when the meal was over) but what struck me most was how NOT appealing it was. It was good wine; the problem was me and my sensory response:it just didn't taste good and I had no temptation to continue.

I'm not taking baclofen or other meds, apart from supplements, so this was very much a surprise to me. I have always liked the taste of alcohol--esp wine--before this period of abstinence. But now it tastes....almost toxic. Is that unusual after only 2 months? Anybody else experience this?

Jib
    Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

AL tastes weird now.

Red, thats a GOOD thing, isn't it. Some people drink a little, for the taste. But the rest of us may not care about that. Honestly, I don't know what we were doing. A craving, maybe? The affects, maybe? Whatever, run from that feeling now, why you still have control. If it becomes more than a beverage, somewhere to mute ourselves, we get in to trouble.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AL tastes weird now.

Red,

I had the same kind of experience after only being AF for a little over 30 days. The whole family was celebrating my moms birthday out at a restaurant. I knew in my heart it wasn't right, but I would have been the only one not having a glass of wine - so, I did. Only had that one glass but it did not taste good at all to me and didn't want anymore after that. I drank for the affect - not the taste - so maybe that had something to do with it. In a way, it was a pleasant surprise that I didn't care for the taste.

Good for you with the ole "hand over the glass" thing! It would have been just as easy for you to let them keep pouring but you didn't - way to go!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
      X