Analogies, It's like........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like...... taking a few steps down everyday into a deep, deep canyon. Thinking you will never hit rock bottom, but knowing you probably will at some point.

It's like....playing poker and gambling with your health. Knowing someday you are going to lose.

It's like.....drinking a tiny bit of poison everyday....oh wait, it's not like that....it IS that!

I've been trying to put my drinking into perspective. Made me think of these.

Anyone else got any analogies?
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

It's like dating a fun, wild, exciting guy who is a great kisser, brilliant conversationalist, gorgeous...who has secret plans to slowly kill you.
    Jane Jane

Comment

It's russian roulett

Comment

It's like excusing it by saying "well I could get hit by a bus tomorrow" when you're deliberately standing in the bus lane.

PS I wish there was a 'like' button on here for posts like there is on Facebook. Sometimes just want to say that I like a post without having to reply! Anyone else agree?

Comment

Its like......trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Bean, Yep I agree. Sometimes I just post a smiley

Comment

Obviously deciding the point as to where you stop drinking is like deciding on where you brake approaching a corner at speed - too much or too little and you don't quite get that feeling that you love when you get it just right... but its probably better to underdo it rather than ending up commiting bovine murder over a ditch somewhere.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

akgirl;1081730 wrote:

It's like....playing poker and gambling with your health. Knowing someday you are going to lose
              :clapclap:
              I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

jane jane;1081735 wrote: It's like dating a fun, wild, exciting guy who is a great kisser, brilliant conversationalist, gorgeous...who has secret plans to slowly kill you.
                :H I love that one

Comment

Keeper of the North Pole and our Eskimoe cutie.......we love you, keep fighting hon, we're her to help ! Tony
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks Tony :l and everyone for your support, it feels great. I keep thinking about all the things I DONT miss about AL. The list is long. It's weird, I thought I enjoyed it so much, but now I realize I really didn't, just took a few days without it to figure it out. Still rough at about 5pm but I can get past that now. I see many new charms for my bracelet.

Thanks again
                    And never give up!

Comment

its like......... exchanging your sanity to meet the devil himself.
                      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

It's like........being in prison and not realizing you had the key the whole time.

Comment

It's like putting on a blindfold and wondering why you can't see.

It's like shooting yourself in the foot and crying because your toes are missing.

It's like betting on a 3 legged donkey and expecting to win the Grand National.
                          If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Where is the bottom? It's wherever you decide to stop digging the hole any deeper.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X