Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 22nd March

Hmm - jsut lost my post.

I am just off for coffee and then into Manhattan - check in later on tonight.

xx
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Woohoo Cassia! Good to hear you've arrived on the other side!

:hallo: Army

Just the cubs and I at home tonight. They're very well-behaved, I must say. Homework has been done, dinner has been eaten and one of them has been through the shower already. Bliss One of us should go away more often, methinks!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1082450 wrote: Woohoo Cassia! Good to hear you've arrived on the other side!
        I've just realised that statement could be misinterpreted...

But I'm sure you all know what I mean
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hey Tips, Zen, and a big wave to Cassia - oooh Manhattan, how very cosmopolitan of you!
          If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Recluse;1082367 wrote: Afternoon all, just wanted to say thanks for helping me through what would otherwise have been a very difficult evening yesterday.

Have to say that I don't recognise any of the bands mentioned. Is that something to do with my age? Now if it was a Bob Dylan concert...Hiya Reccie. Hope you're feeling better today. That wasn't an easy thing to go through. But you did what was the best for Holly. :huggy

As for the bands, I didn't recognize any names either and had to google about 10 times. Dylan is more my generation as well, although I was quite young when he finally made his breakthrough. I was just 11 when "Blowin' in the Wind" was released. I really got into music with the Beatles, The Monkeys, The Dave Clark Five and other groups back then. And American bands like The Beach Boys, The Byrds, The Supremes, Gary Lewis & the Playboys and others.
            Recluse;1082380 wrote: Ok, well, I have an AL appointment. No....not that kind of appointment. Laters.How did your appointment go?
            Cassia;1082432 wrote: Hey everyone - greetings from NJ!
            Hi Cassia. Thanks for letting us know that you landed okay...
            tiptronic_ct;1082450 wrote:
            Woohoo Cassia! Good to hear you've arrived on the other side!

Just the cubs and I at home tonight. They're very well-behaved, I must say. Homework has been done, dinner has been eaten and one of them has been through the shower already. Bliss One of us should go away more often, methinks!
            My, you know how to handle those cubs really well Mr. Tips. I'm impressed...
            tiptronic_ct;1082450 wrote:
            I've just realised that statement could be misinterpreted...

But I'm sure you all know what I mean
            :H:H
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Zenstyle;1082458 wrote: Yeah, that sounds like a bigger journey than she bargained for!

I washed my duvet and I'm waiting to see how it comes out of the dryer... I won't be surprised if its a lumpy mess but it was worth a shot. Once me duvet's dry I'm off to the gym and then I'm getting stuck into more spring cleaning when I get back. Apart from that, lovely weather and nowt of any importance to impart.
              Zennie, they say that if you put old tennis balls in the dryer, it helps fluff things like that up, prevents them from going lumpy. I have no idea how it works. And of course you'd have to have old balls sitting around in order to use them...

Comment

hello everyone, just a quick hello before I leave for work.
                thanks for your help with school to tippers. much appreciated
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

I come to you with tears in my eyes and sorrow in my heart.

My trusty washing machine has now after many years hard work is well and truly fecked. The man who normally can, couldn't. And so we start the search for a loyal washing machine which serve us as well for many years (or at the very least a good laundrette).

And my heart is broken, well and truly broken, down in me boots broken. How can I say this.............but Dr :h as left the my doctors practice :upset::upset:
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi JC - sorry to hear you are having such a rough day

Comment

Yooooooooooooo hoooooooooo Zeppie,

It's OK, I'm being very stoic and brave, I'll survive......................slight sob

Any hoooooooo how's our favourite teacher?
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1082469 wrote: Hiya EW, Stirls and Zeppers!

Stirls... I've done that with the tennis balls before, and I have a bag of them, but I think that may have contributed to the demise of my old tumble dryer. It works really well with the balls and I'll be interested to see how it works without them. Balls or no balls, that is the question...Well, you'll have to let us know how the duvet turns out so we won't be sitting here wondering whether we need balls or not...

Hiya Zeppie - again best of luck with the "observing"...
                        JackieClaire;1082470 wrote: I come to you with tears in my eyes and sorrow in my heart.

My trusty washing machine has now after many years hard work is well and truly fecked. The man who normally can, couldn't. And so we start the search for a loyal washing machine which serve us as well for many years (or at the very least a good laundrette).
                        Just what you needed. I hope you've booked your Dublin tickets. And I guess that Mr. JC will not be going along this time either...
                        JackieClaire;1082470 wrote:
                        And my heart is broken, well and truly broken, down in me boots broken. How can I say this.............but Dr :h as left the my doctors practice :upset::upset:
                        OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOO!!! NOT DR.:h.

Comment

It's exciting JC - haven't taught an actual class yet, I have sat in on heaps of classes though and helped with the odd question etc. I get to meet my senior class today which should be good.

Comment

Right better go, catch you later

Comment

Short and sweet Zeps, be careful out there.:l

I wonder how Reccy got on wif his AL blokey?
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello everyone :hallo:

Shame about the washing machine Jackie. There are a lot of unreliable ones about so it's always sad to lose a dependable one. My WM is 15 years old and has never gone wrong once. I'd like to update it but have avoided doing so in case I end up with an unreliable one. When you chose your new WM it might be an idea to try to find out some information on reliability before buying.

Shame about the Dr too. Good Drs and good washing machines are worth their weight in gold.

I wash my duvet very frequently and air dry it in the airing cupboard over a couple of days. Every few hours I unclump it manually until it is fully dry and plump again. I've never noticed any deterioration in the duvet using this method. It does of course mean that you have to have a spare duvet.

Was going to ask zeppie what subject(s) she will be teaching, but I see that she's gone.

Hi Cassia - good to hear you have arrived safe and sound.

stirly-girly;1082465 wrote: How did your appointment go?
                                The appointment went fine thanks stirly. I am gradually being pushed into getting some help with the underlying issues behind my drinking.

The AL blokey was an AL lady Jackie!

Hope everyone is having a good day, washing machine problems aside.

Comment

Working...
                                X