X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 22nd March

hey everybody, good days?
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Yoooooooooo hooooooooo Reccy, IC..

I'll be googling the life out of washers, we'll be in and out of at least 4 shops and then I'll pick the one I liked first.

I likes the sound of your AL counsellor, there's more behind the old AL than we like to admit.

And we've just caught a mouse under the kitchen sink. It's the 3rd in a week. It's Ok tho we have humane traps. Mr JC's just gone to release up on the big field. Nearly died when I heard the little clunk of the trap closing.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1082499 wrote: Hello everyone :hallo:

The appointment went fine thanks stirly. I am gradually being pushed into getting some help with the underlying issues behind my drinking.

The AL blokey was an AL lady Jackie!

Hope everyone is having a good day, washing machine problems aside.
        :wavin: again PandaMan. Glad to hear you're getting help. With that and staying close to MWO and with other means of support and assistance, you will get on the road you want to be on - to a healthier, happier life.

Hiya InChains...:hiya:
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

JackieClaire;1082509 wrote: And we've just caught a mouse under the kitchen sink. It's the 3rd in a week. It's Ok tho we have humane traps. Mr JC's just gone to release up on the big field. Nearly died when I heard the little clunk of the trap closing.
          Are they breeding in your house JC or do they come in from outside?

Comment

Recluse;1082513 wrote: Are they breeding in your house JC or do they come in from outside?
            They're coming in from the outside but we can't find out where. A few of the neighbours have had them.
            Trouble is they're being driven down by the new housing estate they're building on some farm land and they've got nowhere to go.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I wish I'd read the quote in recluse's post before reading the bit after it, the breeding thing sounded worrying xD

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Evening all. Sooo tired tnt. Feel really drained. Suppose that will teach me for going to bed at 3.30, and then waking up at 8.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

InChains;1082516 wrote: I wish I'd read the quote in recluse's post before reading the bit after it, the breeding thing sounded worrying xD
                  :H:H:H

Comment

Evening Cy and InCh

There are a fair few websites out there that give advice on how to find mouse entry points JC. Would be worth looking at those if you haven't already.

If the mouse was under the kitchen sink, perhaps s/he came in via the drains? I seem to remember that happened once in the house that I grew up in.

If you keep all internal doors closed so that they can't move from room to room, the next time you see a mouse you will know which room it is entering from outside and that might enable you to narrow down your search a bit.

Comment

JackieClaire;1082515 wrote: They're coming in from the outside but we can't find out where. A few of the neighbours have had them.
                      Trouble is they're being driven down by the new housing estate they're building on some farm land and they've got nowhere to go.
                      What about getting a cat?

Comment

I don't trust cats with mice, it's fine if they eat the whole thing but if not, you just got btis of dead smelly mouse instead of whole live mice...

Comment

anon;1082528 wrote: What about getting a cat?
                          Yo Mrs A, can't cos Mr JC's allergic (big girl's blouse that he is)

There are a fair few websites out there that give advice on how to find mouse entry points JC. Would be worth looking at those if you haven't already.
                          oooooooooh is there a forum where I can post, can you imagine the fights over humane traps and death traps, whether to use cheese or chocolate, cat or no cat.

It's defo under the sink so I'll have look see at finding the entry point.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just popping in to say goodnight Army, i am wrecked see you tomorrow.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Have just had a huge blazing row with my fiancee over art college (he doesn't want me to go but won't say as much, just digs at me), if anybodys about could do with a chat

Comment

I'll be staying at home, we'll be no further apart than we are now but he insists it's not practical and has done nothign bt try and convicne me agaisnt it since i decided to go

Comment

Working...
                                X