Incentives and Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incentives and Rewards

I decided to do a couple things to reward myself for staying AF. Thought it might make the process a little more fun and keep me on track. I posted in another thread that I bought a charm bracelett. I am going to get a new charm for each week sober. Its been fun picking out the charms and everytime I look at my wrist I am reminded. I'm also going to put the money I would have spent that day on AL into a special jar. For me it will be about $10/day. Might not always be able to follow throught with that one, but it will show me the money saved. And I can use that money to buy the charms.

Anyways, just thought I would share. And I was wondering.....anyone else doing stuff like this?? (Or am I being weird :H )
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Incentives and Rewards

Yo AK,
    I didn't buy a charm bracelet but I did use a big jar and every morning used to put a ?1 coin in it. It's amazing watching the jar fill and then changing the coins for notes.

Then when I hit 4 months AF I started to buy myself a little brooch or pin on my monthly anniversary date. Nothing hugely expensive but I have them all over my computer desk they make me smile. One of these days I'll take a picture of them all.

Does that make both of us weird.
    J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I have a MASSIVE shoe collection. Shoes make me happy. Or at least they make me think I'm happy. :H

AK Girl I love your idea of charms!!!

JC I would LOVE to see a picture of your rewards!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I will DG, that will be my wee project for tomorrow. I stopped at 12. I may start on big chunky costume rings they're very in vogue over here at the moment.

And don't mention shoes, I've had to stop buying them and now just have the guilty pleasure of looking at them on e-bay.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I spent on average ?10 a day and that means I've saved ?170 already! Wonder where that went?!
          Hadn't really thought of that. Thanks ak!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

Today I was in the supermarket and saw a bunch of my favorite flowers, pink lilies. It's a bit extravagant in my current financial state but I said 'sod it' I don't drink any more and bought them.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

cymru;1083186 wrote: I spent on average ?10 a day and that means I've saved ?170 already! Wonder where that went?!
              Hadn't really thought of that. Thanks ak!
              Look in your closet and see if there are any cute new shoes in there.

Chill, I like that you went ahead and bought the flowers!! Lord knows back in the drinking days, I ALWAYS bought my booze and somehow managed to get it paid for later. Within reason, need to treat myself to something nice on occassion in the same way.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I spent approx $20/day on AL so I decided I am going to get a massage every week. Those cost about $50 per 1 hour session and I am still ahead by $90/wk. I am also excercising everyday so when I lose my weight I am buying all new cute clothes and getting my hair done regularly. For the past eight years I have neglected my appearance (weight/clothes/hair) and spent the money on booze. Now I figure I have at least $140 each week to spend pampering me. I won't spend that much of course but thats what I always found to spend on AL.

I decided that I need to reward myself to remind myself that I am worth it!

Great Thread!
                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

To be honest I try and avoid visualizing how much money I wasted on AL - but every so often now I will treat myself to a book, or my new nike+ sensor, etc.

When I reach 30days I am planning to go shopping for some new clothes FINALLY!
                  If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

Doggygirl;1083207 wrote: Look in your closet and see if there are any cute new shoes in there.

Haha, Doggy I think Cymru's a fella - not really a Jimmy Choos type of guy, though maybe...:H

On a binge I'd spend ?15-20 a day on booze - for some unknown reason I switched to nice cognac in my later years My binges usually went on for about a week and I honestly don't know where I got the money from - it's probably because I never bought anything else except booze, fags and food.

I don't make a special effort to treat myself, but now I don't feel guilty about buying myself a nice nail polish or lip gloss or some really good coffee. I eat very well too.

Chill I have been eyeing up a purple orchid in our local shop - it's beautiful. Your post has encouraged me to go and get it.

I also LOVE the massage idea - that's brilliant.

K x
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I have also been marking the days off on my calender........the one at work, the one at home, the one in my purse, the one in my dayplanner.....:H

Can you say neurotic.....LOL!

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

red67;1083214 wrote: I spent approx $20/day on AL so I decided I am going to get a massage every week. Those cost about $50 per 1 hour session and I am still ahead by $90/wk. I am also excercising everyday so when I lose my weight I am buying all new cute clothes and getting my hair done regularly. For the past eight years I have neglected my appearance (weight/clothes/hair) and spent the money on booze. Now I figure I have at least $140 each week to spend pampering me. I won't spend that much of course but thats what I always found to spend on AL.

I decided that I need to reward myself to remind myself that I am worth it!

Red, that was me too. Over 200 pounds and I stopped getting my hair colored / cut. Just wore it in a pony tail. I don't think I wore any clothing at all with zippers in the end - elastic only (lot os sweat pants!). Rarely makeup. Showers optional at time. Yuk!!!! So I'm with you - I spend those booze dollars pampering myself!!!!

EnglishWriter77;1083219 wrote: To be honest I try and avoid visualizing how much money I wasted on AL - but every so often now I will treat myself to a book, or my new nike+ sensor, etc.

When I reach 30days I am planning to go shopping for some new clothes FINALLY!
                        YAY!!! RETAIL THERAPY!!! You will be stylin' EW!

Kimberley;1083241 wrote:
                        Haha, Doggy I think Cymru's a fella - not really a Jimmy Choos type of guy, though maybe...:H

K x
                        Hey!! Men are entitled to fabulous shoes too! Far be it from me to question how cute shoes might make their way to Cy's closet. Did you get the orchid? I hope so!!

AKgirl is that your dog in your avatar?

:bling:bling:bling

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

No, just love arctic foxes. I have lots of pics of them I change out as my avatar. Other Alaska stuff too.

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I bought myself a bunch of supermarket flowers yesterday. I deserve them
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Incentives and Rewards

I wasn't going to show these (bit shy don't ya know) but I collected these broaches and pins from Dec 2009 and then monthly until Dec 2010 to celebrate my monthly anniversary. My new collection is going to be big chunky bling bling rings.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X