Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Ditto
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Thanks everyone you all have been great support to me in the last 2 years xx to the ladies. The men get a handshake :-). now I have to go hopefully I be back in laters.

ps zenstyle your mad xx

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

With teeth and a moustache like that, id rather a snog TBH mate!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

My condolences Mario. It's very hard seeing our older family members go one by one. Good that your Mum has you and your siblings close to her in a time like this.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

stirly-girly;1083469 wrote: My condolences Mario. It's very hard seeing our older family members go one by one. Good that your Mum has you and your siblings close to her in a time like this.
              I repeat what Stirls said:l. My mum is from a family of nine and there are only four of them left. The hardest was losing her sister last year-they were very close. There is an Agatha Christie novel--I don't remember which one-but an old lady says after losing one of her cousins--"She was the last one who knew me as a young girl":upset:. That always touched me deeply. I love talking with old people-they are really walking history books. We have so much to learn from them--and since we are getting older too-there are many who won't be with us much longer. I befriended an old lady 100! a few years ago. When she became ill I offered to walk her little Jack Russel terrier so she could still have time with her but did not have the stress of taking her out. She passed away last Christmas but the incredible stories she shared with my children and I--life in France during German occupation, the way the town was and how they lived etc-all just incredible. I feel very blessed to have shared time with that dear lady.

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Apparently all this sobriety has made me do some pretty deep thinking. My latest random thought: The Mayan calendar says the world is going to end May 21.I don't think so. I think the Mayan guy that was making the calendars simply got tired of carving all those dates in stone after 20-odd years and just said "Ok, I'm only doing this up to May 21, 2011. This job sucks" and then they just never rehired another Mayan guy to finish the job. You can tell I have put alot of thought into this.

And this is how I have started my Thursday. Should be an interesting day.

Have a wonderful almost Friday

Edited to add: Have not been able to read through all the posts - Mario I am so sorry
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

I agree Wags. He only went up to 2011? I thought it was 2012. Better get my Bucket List written pretty sharpish!!!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Sorry to hear of your family's loss Mario. Take care bro.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Lol Wagoneer. I reckon you might be right.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Morning Reccy,Starts.Expat,Mrs A,Zenners, Chillers,cirly wirly stirly girly,Mr G, Tippers,Cy,Zenners,Stashia,Mariooooooooooo,EW, Oney, Waggers and all those yet to drop by.

Mario, I'm so sorry.:l
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Mario's right, I'm mad! )

What gives people that idea?.......

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Morning JC.

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Yoooooooo hooooooooooo Mr G.

I've got some fairly decent and quite exciting news. After much discussion and letting Mr JC have the channel changer for 3 nights in a row. I've applied to be a foster mum for poorly puppies or puppies who haven't been weaned so have to be hand fed.

Watch this space...............
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

JackieClaire;1083486 wrote: Yoooooooo hooooooooooo Mr G.

I've got some fairly decent and quite exciting news. After much discussion and letting Mr JC have the channel changer for 3 nights in a row. I've applied to be a foster mum for poorly puppies or puppies who haven't been weaned so have to be hand fed.

Watch this space...............
                                Jackie that is fabulous news. I would do something like that but Mr. Stirly wouldn't have it. I found a tiny kitten a couple of years ago and took care of it til I could find a home for it. He wasn't too impressed. Specially when it used his bare leg as a ladder to get up onto the sofa. Puppies are different tho'. Aren't you afraid you'll get so attached that you won't want to send them onto a new home...:upset:
                                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X