Army Thread 24th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th March

Oh God yes, but the lady across the road used to puppy walk Guide Dogs and had to keep them for a year. So I'll be over there every ten minutes asking advice.

We're very lucky in the UK now as homeless dogs/cats don't automatically get put to sleep after a couple of weeks unless they are very very ill. They are kept until they are re-homed or claimed by their owners.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

JC - that's awesome!!! Lucky pups!!!

:hallo: morning all
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

JackieClaire;1083493 wrote: Oh God yes, but the lady across the road used to puppy walk Guide Dogs and had to keep them for a year. So I'll be over there every ten minutes asking advice.

We're very lucky in the UK now as homeless dogs/cats don't automatically get put to sleep after a couple of weeks unless they are very very ill. They are kept until they are re-homed or claimed by their owners.
        Here they just throw them all in a pen and feed and water them. I expect they get medical attention but nothing compared to having a programme where they find homes for them. Don't get me wrong, there are animal friendly groups over here that do what they can for strays and such. It's the government "shelters" I'm talking about. And they don't take cats. When I found that kitten, it took me a month to find someone to take her and only after I finally found an animal protection group on-line where someone actually answered my e-mail. Any group I contacted by phone had an answering machine and no one ever responded to my messages. And after I did find someone, it was a woman who would keep the kitten til she found a home for her. Lucky I found her but it took me over an hour's drive there and back. No one in this area at all.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Morning Cassia,

It's a quick hiya and biya as I must get a wriggle on.

Bacinabit.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Cassia;1083496 wrote: JC - that's awesome!!! Lucky pups!!!

:hallo: morning all
            Hi Cassia - didn't see you there. We'll be waiting for a report on your meetings today. Best of luck.

See ya JC. I'm outta here myself....

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Well campers Mrs A blew it last night and drank.
              Nothing dreadful happened but Ii am so angry with myself.
              Well back on the wagon and I will stay as close to this site as internet access allows!

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Hate all that 'dont worry, just get back on board, its not that bad, a slip' shit, but what I will say A is that I always admire someone who can admit to there falling off the wagon and drinking. For me, it was a huge step. Yes, I fuck up from time to time, but im 100% honest with myself and others these days. If I drink, I know that hiding it from ppl is only going to make it worse.
                And your back here. Ppl here wld know i had been drinking, cause id dissapear for the period of my binge.
                Many hugs and a shoulder to lean on for you A. x
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Hi Army!

Sorry to hear of your loss Mario. ((Hugs))

Anon, I agree with Cy... I have had several slips and am woman enough to admit when I do. You obviously are as well and while I am not going to patronise you and say it's OK as well (as I find some do in AA) both you and I know that getting back on the wagon is paramount xxx

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

cymru;1083524 wrote: Hate all that 'dont worry, just get back on board, its not that bad, a slip' shit, but what I will say A is that I always admire someone who can admit to there falling off the wagon and drinking.
                    Couldn't agree more Cy.

Rightio time to Mrs Anonandonandonandon.:l

Time for some major planning to get through the weekend.

First practice, 'Not for me, I want to enjoy the day'
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Sorry yoooooooooo hoooooooo kitty, didn't see you there. I'm doing 10 things at once today.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Hello all again.

Just trying to catch up on today's thread. I gather Anon you have had a little stumble - as per that wonderful signature, turn it into a stepping stone.

Clim back up on board

EW
                        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

Hey Mario - sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are doing OK and my thoughts are with you and your Mum.

EW

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

JackieClaire;1083533 wrote: Couldn't agree more Cy.

Rightio time to Mrs Anonandonandonandon.:l

Time for some major planning to get through the weekend.

First practice, 'Not for me, I want to enjoy the day'
                            Thanks for that sentence I am already practicing.

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

I feel so horrible today what with the snotty nose and low self esteem.
                            I am so worried that I might cave in again Although as I type this I do not think there is any chance of that.

So sorry to hear about your loss Mario. Same age as Elizabeth Taylor. I expect a big hug in June

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

What is it they say about buses?

I just got a job offer, another this morning, and now have been offered a chance to move and work in Spain!

What to do what to doooooooo?!?!?

EW

Comment

Army Thread 24th March

anon;1083555 wrote: Thanks for that sentence I am already practicing.

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

I feel so horrible today what with the snotty nose and low self esteem.
                                I am so worried that I might cave in again Although as I type this I do not think there is any chance of that.

Mrs. A, you've been going through a stressful time this past couple of weeks. It's to be expected that the thought of having a drink or two to relax will be popping into your head. It happens to us all. Try to find a way to get through the cravings. A long, leisurely walk where you take in the sights and sounds around you, a good movie that you've been wanting to see or that new book that's waiting to be opened. Call a friend and have a good old yap on the phone for an hour or so. In your head, go through all the reasons you don't want to pick up that first drink. Write it down if that will help. Remember how bad you feel today and promise yourself that you'll feel better tomorrow. You didn't drink much last night but the next time could easily be more. Your daughter's wedding is on the weekend. You'll want to feel your best and look your best for that so you can enjoy it as much as possible and have those wonderful memories clearly etched in your mind. And AL ain't gonna help you do either. Chin up Mrs. A. You're a bloody marathon winner. You can beat this, too....

Comment

Working...
                                X