Army thread Friday 25th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnglishWriter77;1084002 wrote: You will go to heaven! I am like that with animals. I went to Italy a lot with my last job, and the stray dogs there would all congregate at my hotel when I was in town as I snuck them food, even though the hotel manager didn't like it. It got so I would arrive on a Monday, and by Monday night 'woofs' had gotten around that I was back and they'd trundle down the high street with me.

Cassia - YES, do tell
    EW think when youve got an addictive nature you can also be adicted to wanting to help others honest ive collected tramps to feed and old people and it always gets me in trouble! Cas what a small world how strange!!!

Comment

I really need to get back into work. Feel its the next important tick in my plan of action. So im off to town to look for jobs. Money worries are are one of the main things I have to keep an eye on, cause I can subconsciously let it build up till, BAM! Im off on one again. So getting a job is a biggie.
      Just cleaned the house top to bottom. Always feels nice when thats been done. Though it was not easy cleaning the bog left handed!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I agree - I think fundamentally us addictives are good people. I always have a chat with the tramps, give them what I can and often a smoke or two. I think deep down that may be cos I have been worried about ending up there myself partly
        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Cy - what did you do to yourself?

As you know I agree about the money worries - they are my main 'trigger' and it's ironic when you spend money on booze because you're worried about...money!

Comment

Fell down my stairs pissed and broke my wrist. Clever boy ay? Though if its mentioned on FB, I did it playing footie!!!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cassia, that's quite the *coincidence*.... I would have shamelessly pumped him for info!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1084025 wrote: I agree - I think fundamentally us addictives are good people. I always have a chat with the tramps, give them what I can and often a smoke or two. I think deep down that may be cos I have been worried about ending up there myself partly
                I know what you mean think we need to take a bit of time and look after ourselves! Wheres stirly??

Comment

CY - Oh dear, yes footie sounds a lot more 'manly'! :H

Greenie - Yeah I'd have done the same...best to pick their brains when you can!

Stashia - It certainly should be a stark reminder as to why we're not drinking, going to drink, thinking of drinking!

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm back. Thank you all for your kind words and support:l. I came on here right before leaving for the meeting--and I really did feel like I had you lot with me:H.And now back home and getting to see all these great pup pics is definitely a picker upper feeling good kind of mood helper, haha! Yeppers, we do love our dogs in the Army-and cats too of course!

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1084038 wrote: CY - Oh dear, yes footie sounds a lot more 'manly'! :H

Greenie - Yeah I'd have done the same...best to pick their brains when you can!

Stashia - It certainly should be a stark reminder as to why we're not drinking, going to drink, thinking of drinking!
                      At least we can talk about it a lot :H

Hiya Army :hallo:

A quick flyby visit - need to get a couple of things wrapped up before the cubs arrive home from school. I suspect my productivity might be somewaht affected.

Thank feck the domestic slave was here today. I HATE having to clean house. Slaves are one of the "perks" of living in the former colonies
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Greenie - thing is I didn't know that he had been promoted or worked in the office until after I got an interview. It is very bizarre. I did ask him for info about Santander and he gave me loads. They are definitely expanding. I emailed him and asked for a heads up too. This is the golden opportunity I ahve been waiting for.

Right - I am going to go back to bed for a couple of hours and then get up, do some proper preparation, and get packed for the visit to my sis.
                        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1084044 wrote: At least we can talk about it a lot :H
                          :H True!

Good luck Cassia - thinking of you!

Expat - glad all is good and that you enjoyed the pics. I love cats too, but couldn't eat a whole one :H

Comment

EW - interview is at 3 Eastern or 7 your time. It is only one guy as far as I am aware. It's a FIT interview which is a competency based interview over here. Thank god my mate sent me a bunch of FIT questions recently.

x
                            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Good luck Cass.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

this is the nutty sasha!! she always smiles cos she thinks she did somthing wrong i think she probably got smacked by previous oweners. SORRY she is blurred cos she wont sit dam still!!

Comment

Working...
                                X