Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you a heavy drinker before you became an alcoholic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimberley;1086956 wrote:

I am happy to say that currently I am nearly 3 months sober this time and I hope my next 'alcoholic stage' will be 'Recovered alcoholic'.

K x
    Thats a great line. Whatever the beginning,we are all looking for the same ending!

You mention social anxiety anxiety and drinking together. They have found out that the exact same gene can cause people to experience up to 4x more euphoria after drinking than some people AND feel increased pain on experiencing social rejection. Those who have it appear to respond well to Naltrexone and you can do a home test for it.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...one-49050.html.

I wonder how many of us have it?
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

coalfire;1087075 wrote:

You mention social anxiety anxiety and drinking together. They have found out that the exact same gene can cause people to experience up to 4x more euphoria after drinking than some people AND feel increased pain on experiencing social rejection.
      Wow CF, I had never heard that before. Very interesting.

I was going to try Naltrexone myself not so long ago as well, but I was getting dangerously ill every time I was doing withdrawal and I couldn't afford to try it and continue binging until it might work.

Luckily at this point in time, I am grateful to be entirely sober and hope to continue like that.

K x
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
      X