Army Thread Tuesday 29th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the boy go to the same school as your daughter, expat? If so, maybe you could phone the school? I don't want to trivialise what happened, but involving the police seems a little over the top as I understand she is very young and I assume the boy is too?

Comment

I know! Times have changed. When I was growing up--we knew our neighbors. My daughter is 14-and the boy about 14. He was with a group of friends in the bus just after school let out-and my daughter too. They don't go to the same school. My daughter is in an international English/French speaking school and the other kids from a public French school. There have been cases of attacks/bullying before. Her little friend with her in the bus is Scottish-so they speak English together and get targeted by the other kids. OK-she does seem better off than I am. She's asleep and her brother. But I'll still say it's not fecking alright to pick one's little girl up and have her top covered with blood. I'm still boiling.

Comment

Do you know what, Expat.
        You must be one good mammy if your daughter can sleep after her experience. She obviously feels very very safe with you.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

expat3;1086836 wrote: I know! Times have changed. When I was growing up--we knew our neighbors. My daughter is 14-and the boy about 14. He was with a group of friends in the bus just after school let out-and my daughter too. They don't go to the same school. My daughter is in an international English/French speaking school and the other kids from a public French school. There have been cases of attacks/bullying before. Her little friend with her in the bus is Scottish-so they speak English together and get targeted by the other kids. OK-she does seem better off than I am. She's asleep and her brother. But I'll still say it's not fecking alright to pick one's little girl up and have her top covered with blood. I'm still boiling.
          Ah - that's somewhat older than I thought, expat. And the fact that they don't go to the same school makes it more difficult. But all schools want to cut out bullying and there's no reason why they wouldn't co-operate on it. You could still call your daughter's school and ask them to take it up with the boy's school. If they won't, you could contact the boy's school directly or send them a formal letter. Just a couple of suggestions. And you are right, it's definitely not ok for you to collect your daughter and find she is covered in blood.

Comment

Rightio, I'll have to orff for a bit.
            Be back later for me midnight lurk.
            Expat, have one of these. :l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me too, I'm afraid. Gotta go and buy some rhubarb!

Comment

They are safe with me-it's the rest of the world I'm worried about. :H It's just coming eleven pm and now I'm tired. So I'm maybe just going on. Stupid me for buying cigs when I was doing so good. That's something I'll have to think about. I obviously still need some kind of escape. HMMM..Video coming up--then bed.

Comment

Hey expat,

I am so sorry that happened to your daughter and I would defo ring both schools and make sure they know about it. You will do the right thing :l

On the smokes front...tomorrow is another day xxx
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Aw expat its realy hard to deal with these things on your own!! ive been there! kids can be horrible one of my daughters was being bullied on bus every day and said nothing to me. Then a friend of hers told me about it and i went to see the family of the Girl bully. im glad to say it got resolved! So whatever you decide to do i hope it works out. its tough too being a teenager these days with peer pressure and all. and very tough being a single mum take care xs

Comment

off to bed folks TTFN. hope you all have a good night and see you all tomorow!!

Comment

sorry you had that expat, kids can be cruel like that. I'd definitely say give both schools a call, but like Zen said, try and get the cops to talk to the kid who did it, some schools aren't as hot on bullying as they should be and it would help to be sure that the message gets through
                        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

have a nice time Zen
                          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Guys...sorry I buffered off there...I went to a no wifi area!

Expat - I am so sorry about your daughter. That totally sucks. I hope the school takes action! X
                            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Working...
                            X