Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th March

Hi - bye Mario :waving:

I'm feeling good today EW, how bout you?

The sun in shining and I'm just off to walk the Belgravian Pinscher
    I start work at 10am....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

I am very much in the same position Chill.
      What's happened has happened. There's nothing I can do about it, but rebuild. I too am today grateful for every little thing that is happening. The 30p I managed to put together for a paper. The loaf of bread I have. I honestly think if I drink again there will be no way back next time. It's now or never. A good friend from AA told me after my last spree that he would not of been atall surprised if he had a phonecall to say I was dead. That really hit home with me.
      Anyways enough of the negatives, and onwards with the positives.
      EW...had a smoothie in the end. Much healthier and I've had 2 of my 5 a day before 9!!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Turncoat! :H Although smoothies are great, I'll grant you that.

Chill/Cy - I am sometimes amazed at how many 'another chances' I got really. I could easily be dead, but for the grace of God, and I certainly could already be homeless. I am just lucky that when sober I can blag my way out of quite a lot of trouble....
        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

:thanks: Thanks to everyone for the kind advice and support you all gave about my daughter's "bully" problem. She in no way provoked the incident-she's a very shy and sweet girl. The bus was crowded with school kids and the group of boys started teasing my daughter and her friend-who is Scottish. The girls speak English together and the boys started making fun of them--and calling them "roastbeefs"". That's what French people call the English. Well, we call them frogs:H but anyway the boys started grabbing at their bums and breasts so my daughter pushed the boy away. Then he punched her in the nose. Her nose started bleeding like crazy and an adult alerted the bus driver. We will go and make a "statement" to the police today and also go see our GP-because her nose is swelling and a bit blue. And of course her school has been informed. We don't know the boy-so no name or where he goes to school.
          AND my mother is doing ok. I think a visit home is in order. Sooner than planned.
          Thanks again Army

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Hey Expat,

It's pretty shocking and worrying to think a boy that age is already essentially sexually assaulting women! Do they have CCTV on buses over there?
            If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

expat3;1087083 wrote: :thanks: Thanks to everyone for the kind advice and support you all gave about my daughter's "bully" problem. She in no way provoked the incident-she's a very shy and sweet girl. The bus was crowded with school kids and the group of boys started teasing my daughter and her friend-who is Scottish. The girls speak English together and the boys started making fun of them--and calling them "roastbeefs"". That's what French people call the English. Well, we call them frogs:H but anyway the boys started grabbing at their bums and breasts so my daughter pushed the boy away. Then he punched her in the nose. Her nose started bleeding like crazy and an adult alerted the bus driver. We will go and make a "statement" to the police today and also go see our GP-because her nose is swelling and a bit blue. And of course her school has been informed. We don't know the boy-so no name or where he goes to school.
              AND my mother is doing ok. I think a visit home is in order. Sooner than planned.
              Thanks again Army
              Ex-Pat, I sincerely don't know how you can be so calm. I'd be way past furious. He's a stupid, cowardly bully and I hope that, by asking some other kids, you can find out who he is. He really needs to be punished. That is not just bullying IMHO, it could be considered sexual assault since they were grabbing the girls' breasts and bottoms. I don't care how old they are, that kind of thing is unacceptable behavior even for a bunch of teens who think they're just fooling around. And to punch your daughter in the nose because she pushed him away - that kid's got a serious problem. Counseling is definitely called for I would say. And I hope the police take this as a serious matter and don't just shrug it off as young French kids bothering foreign girls. Keep us posted and again :goodjob: on staying so calm.
              Hope things improve with your mother. :huggy
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Morning everyone,

Sleep is not my friend. I ate something last night that didn't agree with me. Last full day here and going bridesmaid dress shopping!!! Excited! X
                'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Cassia;1087088 wrote: Morning everyone,

Sleep is not my friend. I ate something last night that didn't agree with me. Last full day here and going bridesmaid dress shopping!!! Excited! X
                  :hallo: Oh, do tell us about the bridesmaid part. First time I've seen you mention it? Details, we want details...:danthin: inkele:

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday!

So sorry about your daughter Expat! That boy was raised by damn wolves. We see that so much in Philadelphia. While the children are responsible for their behavior, some of them come from families that have no boundaraies, education or parenting skills. Children raising children. No life skills and can only communicate through anger. Ignorant parents. Then again, there are some kids who come from great homes and are just plain mean. I have such a hard time wrapping my head around that type of behavior. Anyway, hope that everything works out. I know that violence begets violence, but I certainly would like to smack that boy upside the head a few times....

Off to get ready for work. Hope everyone is well

Love Waggy
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Expat - I font really know what to say. It is defo sexual assault and they must be prosecuted do they understand the seriousness of it! Will keep u all in my thoughts and prayers

Stirls - my best friend asked me to be bridesmaid at her wedding in October! Her theme is polka dots (how cool). We have see a dress we both like so we are going to try and get it before I move back. X
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Gooooooooood Morning Tippers,Stashia,Mrs A,Expat,Oney,Cy,cirly wirly stirly girly,marioooooooo,EW,Chillers,Cassia,Waggers and all those yet to drop by.........

Sowwy I'm late again. Didn't get to sleep til dead late or early and then just decided to have a paddle around the house looking for jobs for Mr JC to do.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Cassia;1087098 wrote: Expat - I font really know what to say. It is defo sexual assault and they must be prosecuted do they understand the seriousness of it! Will keep u all in my thoughts and prayers

Stirls - my best friend asked me to be bridesmaid at her wedding in October! Her theme is polka dots (how cool). We have see a dress we both like so we are going to try and get it before I move back. X
                          I agree 100% about the sexual assault and if they get away with it once, they'll keep on doing it. My younger son was bullied once by a bunch of older boys at school. Mr. Stirly went straight to the father of the boy who was the leader of the group and threatened to go to the police if it happened again. That was the end of it. As he got older, bigger and stronger, he would always take the side of someone being picked on. Once he jumped out of the second floor window at school to help a friend of his who was being picked on. Another time he grabbed a bully and rammed his head between the rails of the schoolyard fence. The kid's head got stuck so bad they had to call for help to get it out. Too bad I can't send him to Paris for a week or so to ride on the after-school bus. He'd have those bullies cowering in the corner. Stupid kids.

Cassia, polka dots sounds like a delightful theme for the wedding. What colours has she chosen? You must be thrilled. I was Maid of Honour for my one sister's wedding and it was so much fun. Mind you I wasn't there for all the planning since I was living in Greece then, but my boys and I flew back for a month so we were there for the wedding. It was a hoot. After the ceremony, when we were driving the Bride and Groom around, I convinced the Best Man to drive us through McD's drive-through. Of course all the rest of the guests' driving behind us, came right along with us and we were all laughing like loons.

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Little fucker Expat, i didn't realise he was grabbing the girls. Defo let the police know.....

Nice one Cassia!
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Shit, I missed that bit, Expat. That grabbing is beyond bullying. The boy's are 14 and old enough to know better.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th March

Expat - I hope you can find out the name of this boy, you know the school he's at? Would any of your daughters friends know who he is? Im really shocked by this, your poor daughter.

Well I turned up at work and after half an hour there was no sign of my boss so I called him, he is a real scatter brain and forgot to tell me he wont be in today and so doesnt need me :upset: my morning wasted and I dont get paid! Grrggh.

Ok i've really had enough!! I WANT TO GO HOME! NOW......
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X