I think I am getting a life !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all a wet Wednesday here in the UK. But I am feeling cheerful. Except I have started the HRT last week, feel ten times better but totally shattered !!! can hardly keep my eyes open. I am going to delay going back on the bac as I dont think it would be a good idea to take two new drugs at the same time . But the combination of being af, the HRT seem to be giving me my life back. The anxiety has subsided considerably and my mad head seems to have calmed down and I am able to get things in prospective. Especially tormrnting myself for everytihng I have said and done when I was on the drink . Its done and gone I cant change it, its only the future I have that control over and I had one of my many thoughts !! Plenty of people out there do bad stuff when there are stone cold sober and dont give it a second thought as they are nasty bleeders !!!! ok being drunk it not a get out of jail free card to do that but ! I am sure you get my point , now I am sober I am not a nasty bleeder I am nice !

And here is the big thing getting back into life, I had the most wonderful day out in Oxford on Monday, the sun shone in our honour and we aquired a dog at the weekend my suggestion , which is amazing as I am not a big dog lover but I realsied a dog would get us out and about more, which it did we walked five miles yesterday again in the sun. It raining today and the dog just peed on my carpet ummmmm but life is deffinatly getting there I can smile at things and stop beating myself up.

Have a good day x

What a GREAT post! Good for you BH!! This is all your own work, be proud x
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Thats great news BH. Ive had a pretty shitty day today, but its positive posts like yours that lift me up and put the bad things into perspective.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

BH - That's great. I too feel like I'm getting a life. I've been thinking about all the choices I have and what I want to do with my new free time that used to be spent staying home and drinking wine. So exciting.

Comment

Wonderful, BH! Hey, walking in the rain is a good thing!! :H Just remember that the dog is a responsibility, and I hope you grow to love it as much as I do mine. I feel like my duty to them at times saved me
          It's amazing how beautiful the world is when we can really see it, isn't it?? Keep up the good work, and though there will probably still be hard days, even a hard sober day is better than anything drink does for us.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well done BH, Being alcohol free is a great way to live, keep it up.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Wet Wednesday

I drove from Liverpool to Tilbury and back today. 525 miles round trip for a 90 min meeting. Left home at 5 am and returned at 5pm! Absolutely shattered but in the past I would have used this as an excuse to stay over in a hotel last night and get smashed. I slept really well in my own bed last night instead of drunk in a hotel room alone. I too now have a life I can enjoy living. well done all.
              Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

The dog is my partners and he loves him, and he is so great to me I cant begrudge him the dog, so its love me love my dog lol.

I still think of wine as a bottle of 'prison cell' and I am happy to walk away. There have been a couple of occassions in the week which I would have used as an excuse to drink. In Oxford on Monday I would have drunk with lunch and then had another couple of drinks down by the river ( I still did these things but but did not drink al) the day was great and we came away laughing in the past I would probably got drunk and spoilt the day, yay hay for being sober.

Well done Softy, all that driving and stress and you still did not drink, amazing, although Tilbury is probably enough to turn anybody to drink ! wish decision coming home, it makes you feel so good looking back on good decision instead of the bad ones !

Comment

Dogs

I've got two dogs that's what drove me to drink:H seriously though I wouldn't be without them. Keep up the good work BH.(you are right about Tilbury btw)
                  Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

BH, they are, IMHO, a gift from God, when it comes to getting outside of our selfish needs and addictions. Tell us his/her name! I lost my greatest dog ever some years ago, but he was by my side during losses, and just, there. He died of old age. And now, I rescue dogs whenever possible. They give without asking, and I'm hoping yours will encourage you round the clock. Seems they understand without words when we need them. And, when I was drinking, they stayed right by my feet, and I truly believe, worried about me, but loved me all the same.
                    You are on your way, love!! Dog or not, you are learning what makes you happy.
                    Ruby
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The dog is probably quite symbolic as you might not have gone there before.
                      They are fantastic. They don't judge you. They are ecstatic when you get home and cuddle up when you cry. And... they get you offf the couch because a walk is the best thing ever.

Comment

BH - it makes me smile to hear how well you are doing and how positive you are. and now you will become a dogloving freak like the rest of us :H honestly they are heaven sent and mine has been one of my biggest teachers.

Our minds are just a series of formulas we have previously written that we act upon and you are rewriting yours without AL. Soon the new scripts will be well in place as you are actively doing things differently that used to involve AL. Keep up the great work and enjoy that wonderful 4 legged friend
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                        X