Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets celebrate the good decisions we have made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just replied to another post and had a thought. Most of us have done things that we are not happy or proud of when drunk or made bad decision will under the influence and I know that I have spent a lot of time thinking and talking about them But I wanted us all to celebrate the good decisions and things that we have done since being af. So here are a few of my good decisions/things I have made over the last coupel of weeks of being af.

I made the decision not to drink on my day out and it was wonderful I can remember everything I saw and every word said !

I decided to let my partner bring his dog to our new house

I have decided to save the money I used to spend on al and buy a summerhouse, I mean a wooden shed for the garden not a flashy beachside pad !!!! I wish

Anybody got any others ???

New tackle

And I don't mean a male personal enlargement! I have bought new fishing gear and started again after twenty year break when I was too busy concentrating on my drinking hobby. I have been fishing four times in the last few weeks and loved it. I now have a whole spring and summer ahead AF and with a purpose to pursue. One happy chappie
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Since i became alcohol free i have taken up cycling and its great. fit & free is me :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hmmm let's see. Since going AF I have been training for a half marathon (it's going very well), been prolifically creative making presents for family & friends, selling some of my cards in a local shop, hoping to sell some other stuff in another shop, and have got back to my creative writing group. These things make me REALLY happy.

I've been enjoying school because I'm not hungover and I can remember stuff and I don't worry about asking a question that it's already been covered but I missed it because I wasn't there or wasn't concentrating.

My family and friends are proud of me. I'M proud of me!

I've been able to afford some new clothes with all the money I've saved and they look good because I look so much better.

It's all GOOD!
        Bean

Comment

Hi Brave, it is good to hi light the positive in what we are now doing, because you are sure right about the horrible stuff we have done in the past. Sometimes the guilt weighs on us, and realising the new life we have, has good decisions in it helps to stem the remorse.

I have not driven a motor vehicle with alcohol in my system.
          I have not shown my young children that their daddy drinks, and it's OK to drink beer all the time.
          I have not had fights with my wife while half drunk.
          I have not stayed up late drinking, when I should be sleeping and resting for work and or parenting.

To name a few.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Great stuff, I can relate to so much of that . Life is so much better sober for our families and friends as well ourselves.

BH

Comment

My best decision!

The biggest best decision I ever made in my life was to go AF,
              and since then the best decision has been to make it a forever decision.....

And since then I have found it much easier to be a kinder more patient person
              and thats because now im happy,
              and thats because now I like who I am,
              and thats because I spent the AF time working at improving myself,
              and thats because with a clear mind I could,
              and thats because I see things now as they really are,
              and thats because im now honest with myself,
              and thats because im AF,
              and thats the BEST decision of my life
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
              X