Liver Detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver Detox

I was researching some ways to help my poor abused liver and ran across a few articles like this one below.

Anyone heard of....tried it....or have any feed back on this?

The Liver Lemon Detox Drink

There are various versions of this and it is a matter of picking one you like the look of. It involves drinking a lemon juice and oil drink every morning on an empty stomach for 5 days. It can be repeated several times.

Some versions recommend drinking a glass of room temperature pure water first thing in the morning then follow an hour later with the lemon drink. You can start with the lemon and olive oil drink if you prefer or cannot wait the hour.

Blend together the juice of 1 medium lemon with 8 oz water, 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, 1 clove of garlic and a small amount of grated root ginger to taste until well mixed. Drink slowly and follow with a small glass of water or juice to cleanse the mouth of the oily taste. Apple or other fruit juice can be used in place of the lemon juice although lemon juice is good for making the system more alkaline
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Liver Detox

Yes, I've heard of it but have never tried it. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Liver Detox

Not sure I'm gonna try it....I've read mixed reviews

Comment

Liver Detox

I did it once a long time ago. Before alcohol was an issue. So my liver was probably pretty healthy then and it was at the end of a two week fast. How I managed to keep the olive oil down was nothing short of a miracle - what a gagger that was! I know there are mixed reviews... I guess you just have to decide for yourself. I get the part about the danger of a gall stone or whatever those things are getting lodged. I'm just glad it didn't happen to me. I never felt inclined to do it again. Maybe instead you could just do a few short fasts and take milk thistle and some other things to support it?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Liver Detox

Hello AK!

The best thing you can do for your liver is stop drinking AL, and replace with plenty of fresh water. My husband had a problem with his liver due to a medication he was taking and basically had to stay away from any AL or any medication - including some herbal vitamins - to get it functioning properly again for about 6 months. Of course since he doesn't have an issue with AL, he didn't mind the not drinking part.

I would recommend just the milk thistle and lots of water with lemon. And of course, no wine.

Comment

Liver Detox

am going to try tis

Comment

Liver Detox

Sheri, what good links! Thanks!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Liver Detox

Thanks all,

Haven't tried it yet but definately no AL and drinking enough water to sink the titanic :H Plus lemon, no red meat, lots of veges. Really trying to give my liver a much needed rest.

I also ran across this

How to Take a Detox Bath - wikiHow

I'm going to try it this weekend. I also have a portable sauna I'm going to get back out and start using. Sweat is such a great way to get rid of toxins.....and living in Alaska lord know we don't sweat enough LOL

Day 17 and going strong!!!

Comment

Working...
                X