Almost to day 20 AL Free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day 19 AL free for me and this is getting better every day. I am reading all the posts here (sorry I don't comment much - I don't know how much I can offer this early in recovery) but I learn so much from all of you. I am getting stronger everyday and feeling better about me. I have lost 10lbs so far and pamper myself as rewards for each day of success. When I drank every night I didn't care about taking a shower, brushing my teeth or anything before bed. I just wanted to make sure I had enough to drink to pass out. Now I take a shower every night, give myself facials, brush and floss my teeth, use scented lotions to smell pretty. I know for "normal" people this seems trivial, but this is huge for me and my self worth. I still have AL thoughts daily but not really urges - just thoughts that are getting easier and easier to dismiss. I do feel relived by 9pm because it is no longer even a possibility after 9pm.

I found this on another website and this is the type of thinking that keeps me sober each day.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."

I begged and prayed for years for God to help me find a way out of this and I can't even imagine going back to how I was. If I don't fight for this everyday I feel I would have wasted this gift/opportunity that I have been given. Even though it has only been 19 days so far I feel totally different.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! You all help me so much by your experiences and sharing your stories. :thanks:
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Well done red67 getting to 19 days is brillent and being so positive & happy about it is an extra brillent :-) keep it up and continue to share and post what your going through we can all relate to you.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Red - what an incredible post! You are doing amazingly and your positivity shines through in your words. I think it's hugely important for other new members to read how you are doing so it would be fantastic if you posted regularly on how you are doing. It offers great hope and even although I have been AF for a while it's important I remind myself of these early days.
      :thanks:
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Congratulations Red!!! Awesome progress you are making. I too lost interest in taking care of myself...YUK!!! Onward to a better way of living..

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congrats Red. Keep on movin forward!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

:goodjob: Red

I am not quite as far as you (day 16) but I can relate to so much of what you post!!!! Love your positive attitude. You should be proud of yourself :l
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

red67;1091959 wrote:

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."

I begged and prayed for years for God to help me find a way out of this and I can't even imagine going back to how I was. If I don't fight for this everyday I feel I would have wasted this gift/opportunity that I have been given. :
              Hi red congratulations! I found that when you make it to day 35 it really starts to fly by so that is something else to look forward to. I loved your comments(above)
              I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Congratulations Red.
                Really well done.
                Stay sober and you will be amazed how much better you will feel everyday.
                Be aware of the sneaky cravings that can creep up on you, but they DO pass and they WILL lessen.
                Stick with this site and post, read as often as you can. The support is amazing.

:goodjob: and the very best of luck in continuing your new sober life.

Damo in Dublin
                Still trying !!!
                AF 25th June2014

Comment

Good for you Red - keep that good feeling going!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Red, congratulations on your 19 (20 days today). You should be proud of yourself. Keep adding those days together, you can do it. We are here for you.
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Thank you mario, Chillgirl, Doggygirl, cymru, Sheri, akgirl, coalfire, damo180Lavande, hillsidetime for the awesome encouragement. I really can't even begin to express what that means to me. I have always had a hard time expressing my emotions and opening up to people and with the "help" (NOT) of AL I shut down all real communication with other people. This is going to be a big challenge for me.

Today is day 20 AL free - YEAH!
                      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Great job Red! Congrats. Stay strong - we're here for you!!
                        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Well done red keep at it :-) keep posting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                          X