Wine O'Clock ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine O'Clock ?

Addicted to wine o'clock? For many women it becomes a dangerous compulsion | Mail Online
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Wine O'Clock ?

Thanks JC. I know more than 2 glasses of wine make me sick as a dog, but it's a huge prob for a lot of women. More knowledge, huh. I think MWO needs a links library!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

Fantastic article Jackie and so true.

Like many in the article, I used to justify my wine habit with the fact that my friends drank the same that I did.

Then I started to drink a lot more....

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

Yup - that's me.

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

I used to drink wine but just could not handle it anymore, I would be scuttered on a 75cl bottle and the hangovers were horrific.

I went on to vodka...
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

I won't lie...I miss wine o'clock but it just didn't like me! I now order shoe o'clock or gym o'clock! X
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

Hey, Marioman
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

I agree Sheri, I think the problem is epidemic.
                When I was in my teens it was the start of the wine bar culture and we all thought ordering bottle after bottle was cool, trendy and fun. The young are drinking even more these days and like us would never consider for a minute it was going to turn into a problem.

Looking back now at myself and my friends and knowing how highly addictive alcohol is, its no wonder there are so many 40-somethings with alcoholism. Having it in all our supermarkets portrays the idea of it being an acceptable part of our grocery list.
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

JC - very interesting article. For a long time I too thought "wine" was somehow not the same as other alcohol delivery mechanisms. And I can't imagine there are any really accurate statistics. How many doctor forms did I lie on about my drinking habits? I NEVER told the truth about how much I was drinking. To anyone. Not even to myself most of the time! Scary.

Speaking of wine in supermarkets....

Those of you in the US might be familiar with Whole Foods. (a grocery chain for anyone not familiar). I heard on the radio a couple weeks ago that they are "test marketing" serving wine in their stores so people can "enjoy a glass of wine" while they grocery shop. Wow how times have changed. I used to have to drink at home before I went. Now you can just do it there. Don't even have to hide it in your purse or anything like that. :H

I would have so been the first one in line for that glass or four of shopping wine in the past.
                  DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

That was TOTALLY me. Great article.

Just recently I saw a commercial with these attractive, thin ladies laughing and having their lovely salads by the beach while enjoying a nice sip of wine...and I wanted to punch them square in the face. All of them. And knocke their glasses out of their hands. Don't know what provoked those feelings as I have really been ok with not drinking lately. But it just made me so mad, mostly at myself that I can never do that again. I felt cheated and angry. I got over it, but it made me realize that no way am I in a safety zone. It was kind of unnerving.
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Wine O'Clock ?

bump!
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                      X