Dr. Drew on HLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Drew on HLN

Dr. Drew Pinskey has a new show on HLN. Tonight Dr. Drew will be discussing the "Road to Recovery". What happens during the first 30, 60, 90 Days an beyond. This sounds quite interesting and might just prove helpful to many here!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Dr. Drew on HLN

Did anybody listen to him/her and what was said during show ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Dr. Drew on HLN

I know him - about 20 years ago he worked at the rehab in Pasadena, CA where I put my ex-husband (twice). He was snotty, rude and could care less about his patients. Hope he has changed.
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Dr. Drew on HLN

I am always wary of MD's who place their TV career above the welfare of patients. Patients always become secondary. I don't know about Drew Pinsky but Dr. Oz used to be a resident with my husband and was widely know for chasing the camera ever since Michael J Fox was at Columbia researching his role for Doc Hollywood. After hearing stories I don't watch "doctor" advise shows.

Comment

Dr. Drew on HLN

humananity

KateH1;1093750 wrote: Dr. Drew Pinskey has a new show on HLN. Tonight Dr. Drew will be discussing the "Road to Recovery". What happens during the first 30, 60, 90 Days an beyond. This sounds quite interesting and might just prove helpful to many here!
          hi katieH1, i think your point is well taken,or maybe not, i ve watched the celelbrity one, dennis rodman was an ex basketball pro, i recently watched him get inducted into the hall of fame, he looked great since the show aired, if what one says works for one person, to me its a success, we all have an addiction which can be over come :H if the person inflicted wants to, then and only then you will see success :thanks:

Comment

Dr. Drew on HLN

Hello, All,
            Thank you for your input. As for "Dr. Shows"....I too am married to a doc. The last thing in the world that he is interested in would be becoming a "celebrity doc". How ever, I do think that doc's that choose to be in the public eye do provide a service of sorts. So many people to do not have access to good medical care and information and these shows do provide a "starting point" for these people as well as those who are generally curious!

Sheri, I agree, the show did get a "bit chaotic" at times. But none the less, I appreciated the points made on several topics. One topic that struck me was how "sobriety progresses over time". In particular, I could relate to how living without AL during the first few months, could be challenging, dealing with anxiety and learning to develope and exercise new coping skills. So often this is what seems to send people back to drinking after only a few weeks living sober.

I intend to watch more of this program. I am curious!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Dr. Drew on HLN

Truth be known, I have a MAJOR crush on Dr. Drew.

Comment

Working...
              X