Hormones and drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hormones and drinking

Hi all thought this may be of interest . I have read and heard that your hormones effect your drinking. I dont know the full details but in short it makes it worse.

I am a 48 year old female so the menopause is now an issue. I have just started taking HRT about 3 weeks ago and I am pleased to say I feel a whole lot better, but I feel that it as also reduced my desire to drink . I think its a combination of the HRT obviously regulating my hormones, its reduced my anxiety and substancially lifted my mood , would not say I was 100% depressed probably between 60 to 80% depending on other influences. The anxiety and low mood where both big triggers in my drinking. I have been sober for the past four weeks, I did have a glass of wine at lunch on Monday (we were celebrating a family event) but I did not feel the need to have more as I felt on an even keel (I think thanks to the hrt) so the drinking was not linked with the desire to cheer myself up. The weekend is coming up and I can honestly say having a drink is not in my mind .

I just wondered if any other 'ladies of a certain age' have had a similar experience as me ? ?

BH x

Hormones and drinking

I know I crave A when it's that time of the month. I most always relapse. I'm 45 and am probably just entering pre-menapouse. I plan on going to the Gyno as soon as I get my driver's license back next week. Whether or not I drink because of my fluctuating hormones, I don't know for certain. What I do know is I can't stop at one drink. Good for you and your reduction in cravings. Keep up the good work.
    September 23, 2011

Comment

Hormones and drinking

I think fluctuating hormones aggravate a al problem. Good luck next week

Comment

Working...
      X