Its 3am in New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its 3am in New Zealand

and... I'm wide awake BUT stone cold sober! This is my beginning of my second day SOBER and hubbie is away in the States for the next week - God its going to be such a looong week. Beginning of the weekend and this upcoming week I fill in at the gym looking after the kids in the kidsclub while my trainer is on his honeymoon. I hope the kids behave lol. Oh well I'll have to do lots of keep busy exercise over the weekend, take the kids to the movies and then get them off to school on Monday, then they come off on holidays for two weeks, my daughter comes home from University where she is studying in Wellington for the holidays too. Will be nice - I havent seen her since February.Oh well time for sleep, sorry for the mundane ramblings.

Its 3am in New Zealand

good for you

I am still fighting to get that first day without AL, I have done it before, but have troubles staying away from it, any good advice:thanks:

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Hi mum and litre, well done to you both, you are doing brilliantly. I am coming towards the end of Day 6, but I have no doubt that Friday night will be the hardest. I haven't had this many days AF for many many years. I just need to wait until the little shop in the village closes at about 1930hrs, then I know that's it regardless of what my head tells me to do! That is the good thing about living in rural France compared to south London where I came from, there is no 'nipping' to the off licence or corner shop very late at night for wine, thank goodness!

Wishing you both a good AF evening/night and weekend.

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Morning Mum of 6,

Great stuff on reaching day 2! Keep it going, and you can do it.
        Have you read the Toolbox thread here? Some useful tip's to help get you through. Inspiring, informative, and essential reading.

Have a read here.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Congratulations on day 6 DSLR! Keep it going. The sober life is worth going for big time, and it just get's better and better. Have faith in yourself and go for it!

Hang in there Litre. Check out the above Toolbox link too.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Morning Mum of 6,

Great stuff on reaching day 2! Keep it going, and you can do it.
          Have you read the Toolbox thread here? Some useful tip's to help get you through. Inspiring, informative, and essential reading.

Have a read here.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Congratulations on day 6 DSLR! Keep it going. The sober life is worth going for big time, and it just get's better and better. Have faith in yourself and go for it!

Hang in there Litre. Check out the above Toolbox link too.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Good luck to you guys - it CAN be done. If I can do it, you can do it. Stay close to MWO and have faith in yourself. You are stronger than you think. Being sober IS what it is cracked up to be and then some. Never felt better. Best of luck!
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Mum, SO glad you posted with Journey and started this thread. That's the way to find people who you can talk to when the day or night stretches too far for you. There are GREAT people all over the place here. :welcome:
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Good morning MumofSix - I am wide awake in Wgtn at 4:30am after having dropped Mr B at the airport to fly to Australia!!!

Good on you for getting to day 2 and may I offer you lots of reassurance that if you can get through this weekend that next week will be so much better and next weekend even more so.

It is so worth it!!!!! Kia kaha
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Morning again and thanks everyone. I looked in the toolbox and found that really interesting. We are all the same with the same feelings I've noticed when reading other peoples journeys etc. This will be my first weekend or week (to be fair) sober in about 3 years! When I originally went on my weightloss journey in 2006 bad food,alcohol and ciggies all went together. Then of course once I slimmed down and toned up the old message of "you can have a few treats now" came back. That included the booze and now I can just drink more and more. The bad food choices are creeping back too - after I've been pissed a pie is so nice lol. I weighed myself this morning and I am 59 kilos which to most people sounds fine but to me is 5 kilos of over indulgence and hard work that I now have to do to get back to where I was - all because of wanting to get pissed. 5 kilos repesents about 5 weeks of diet and extra exercise. Considering I do so much already (run about 70ks per week) and 4 weights sessions per week with a trainer then because of booze I now have to do extra! Oh well the treamill awaits.

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

Hi and welcome.

I'm glad you've pulled the pin on this early on (by the sounds).

You're obviously a good healthy specimen, so I'm glad you're on the journey.

Bridget
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Its 3am in New Zealand

And it's 5am in Amsterdam!

Michelle Shocked Lyrics

mumofsix,
                      The insomnia drove me nuts when I gave up drinking. I used melatonin to help me sleep but there are lots of natural remedies out there. It does pass and sleep patterns sort themselves out but you could try something to get over the intial period.
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                      X