3 Years of Sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Years of Sobriety

3 years ago today, was the beginning of my sobriety. It all started here, when I became a member of MWO, in July 2006. For nearly two years, I came here, every day. Sometimes all day. I read, I posted and I chatted. I formed relationships and several strong friendships that have lasted to this day. I suffered with everyone who lost a job, got a DUI, lost thier spouses and families or became ill because of alcohol. I miss several dear people who are no longer with us because of illness, accidents or their addiction. I thank each person who allowed me to feel the pain of your experience, so that I could finally realize that I had to stop drinking. After three years, I can say, that life is good. After the foggy veil eventually lifts from your brain, body and spirit, hope and happiness really do return. You can take a deep breath and feel the unbelievable goodness of what it is to be sober. I wish this for each and every one of you. And, even though I am not here regularly, I believe in the love, support, and hope that exists here. Love~Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

3 Years of Sobriety

CONGRATULATIONS, Best!!! Job WELL DONE!!! I am so very happy for you and your new life! You Truly are an Inspiration!
    Thank you for all your Support and Friendship over these past 3+ Years!

XXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Awesome job. You are an inspiration. Congratulations
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Congratulations and thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

What a beautiful and inspiring post. Many many congrats Best.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

on 3 years sober. That is indeed a huge achievement. Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your journey with us. You are an inspiration to all of us and especially to those who are struggling right now and think that they don't belong on this forum because they haven't managed to get some AF days under their belt. You are living proof that if you stick it out, at some point you will succeed. Wishing you continued success and happiness.
            Stirly
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Besty this is amazing. Very very proud of you girly. Well done xxx
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Best, thanks so much for your wonderful post!

I'm convinced that what you say is true and I am determined to get there!

:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS BEST ON 3 YEARS SOBER!!!:yougo::yougo:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, strength and hope. Early recovery is so difficult and I know it meant a lot to me to read posts from people like you who are "living it." I wish you the best of everything in the coming year.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Amazing... Thanks for an awesome post xxx

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Hello there.
                      I remember reading your posts when I first arrived here, and they were a great source of info and comfort. I'm SO glad you're still going so well.

congratulations.
                      Bridget
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE THREE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob::l
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Congratulations!

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

Great stuff Best! I am very happy for you.

The fog does truly lift.
                            Congratulation's, and great to see you again. I too, have drawn a lot of comfort, and inspiration from your post's. Thankyou.

Best wishes, Greg x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

3 Years of Sobriety

YOU ROCK! And I'm so happy to be one of those friendships! XOXO
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X