Army Thread 9th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 9th April

He just wanted you to have your last potato scone!
    You wont get many of them stateside.....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

How I wish that was true...he mainly doesn't listen.
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Happy Saturday Army:l, I am on holiday--so don not have access to computer and the US keyboard letters are arranged differntly from the French one so I am tapping away one finger at at ime-can t find the letters:H Hope everyone is doing well! I miss you guys! But I will check in as often as possible. expat xxx

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Good Morning Army! How is everyone?
          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Afternoon all,

went food shopping last night and filled the fridge up. This is dangerous. Whenever I see a full fridge, I have an overwhelming urge to empty it (and whenever I see an empty fridge I have an overwhelming urge to fill it up). So I've been stuffing myself all night. At least it was healthy food.

Are you on holiday in the US expatty?

Hope you get your job kitty, even if it turns out to only be temporary.

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Hi all! Thanks for the job wishes Reccie

Well I went and bought my interview garb in Next. Yeah, a boring white shirt and trousers, but got a cool chiffon scart to make me less boring.

Then I went into Peacocks and bought.... er a hell of a lot! :H 3 large carrier bags full of summer stuff that's only going to last a few wears. It's alkie behaviour I know, just like my trip to IKEA last week... but hey at least I know this.

Have been catching some rays with the doggers, actually Cy thinks they are not real dogs (Chihuahuas) so I am going to refer to them by what I call them from now on, the scrunchies

Am worried about Oney It's not like her to not check in without something? I hope all is OK xx

Bath, try on my new clothes and go to AA.

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

cymru;1094577 wrote: I plan on lots of walks and camping this summer. Make the most of the British countryside. Need to get hold of Popeye, so he can take me to some of the wonderfull places he goes, though I think id find it hard to keep up with the man!
                Me too cy. Need to get that hole in the tent fixed and then I fancy ten days in the Torridon wilderness. Just me, a rucksack filled with enough food to last the duration, and utter peace and quiet with stunning scenery and no sight of another human being the entire trip. Bliss! And a bit of much needed exercise to boot!

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

That sounds just about perfect to me to Reccy. Dont think I could do 10 days, but a couple would be bliss. Though going into the wilderness on my own could be deadly. I cant find my way around the area ive lived in for 11 yrs, let alone go into a forest and find my way back. Id be like someone from the blair witch project!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Can't remember who posted the link to the sand art performance the other day, but it's brilliant. I've been watching it over and over. Simply stunning. In case you haven't already seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_uLpfpxM4s[/video]]YouTube - Kseniya Simonova. No Tears. incredible sand art performance. music by Morton Valence (got talent)

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Drove for the first time today in 6 weeks, which was brill. Have missed the freedom of being able to jump in the car and dissapear for a couple of hrs. Im going to be a taxi service for some friends tnt, and drive them to the pub. Feels kinda good doing it. Im not picking em up though!
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Hi all :wavin:
                        I love solitude Reccie, went on a 3 day silent retreat once, stayed in a magical place in cabins in the woods, meditation and yoga.

You certainly are a panda that likes his grub :H talking of which I'm going out for a curry tonight
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Hiya lovelies, arrived safely at cottage, very nice and looking forward to exploring the area tomorrow.
                          Had a text from Oneybint and she is fine, just spending time with the kids.
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Good to hear Starty. She must be having massive PC withdrawal symptoms!
                            Also noticed when I got to my rents tha tmy car had NO oil left in it. Dry as a bone!
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

Arses!
                              If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 9th April

EnglishWriter77;1094847 wrote: Arses!
                                what us :upset:
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X